Any way to set 2 different grace periods?

3 posts in this topic

Right now I have a 45 second grace period, so after arming it counts down 45 seconds before arming, and when inadvertently opening a door while the system is armed it waits 45 seconds before triggering the siren. I would like the ability to set the grace period to 15 seconds while arming, while keeping the 45 second grace when a device is triggers the alarm. Also, is there a way to disable the countdown chime ONLY when arming, but still have it chime while it countdown while triggering the alarm? This would also solve my issue. I looked but it seems there is no way to do either.

Giles,  

If you go into the app, into alarms and then click "More", you should see "Grace Periods" under the Security Settings area.  This will allow you to customize the grace periods for arming and alarming if the system is triggered independently of each other.

As far as chiming only on arming, I don't think that option exists yet.  

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about the grace periods option for both arming and disarming. This helps a lot. I do wish, however, that they would give you the option to chime only when entering a grace period after triggering an alert. Reason for this is that when I am arming the alarm I do not need to hear the chime for 40 seconds, but when I accidentally open a door or a window while the alarm is on, I do wish to hear the chime so I know I need to deactivate an incoming siren (thus the 40 second grace period I set). It's just annoying having the hear the chime when arming.