Problem with forum
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a paid version of "Internet Download Manager" (IDM) for downloading files from websites. I have used this program for years as well as accessed this forum for years.

Recently an annoying problem has cropped up while accessing any section of this forum. IDM pops up trying to automatically download the following MP3 file from this forum:

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/applications/core/interface/sounds/notification.mp3

The above URL is the link that IDM captures each & every time I click on any topic or reply on this forum...IDM then tries to download the mp3 to my PC--I have to cancel the download. It is very annoying trying to read this forum as it pops up every time. Again this problem just started a month or so ago and only happens on this forum. I've even let the download go thru and IDM just keeps downloading the same MP3 file but sequentially numbers the subsequent downloads...after a few topic reading, I'm stuck with a download folder full of the same notification.mp3 file to delete.

Any ideas how to stop this? I've cleared cookies, cache, etc.

Hmm.  That is the notification sound that the forum uses to let you know that you have a notification.  It sounds like a bug with your program.  If you have any unchecked notifications you should clear them and it may stop this behavior.  

Thanks Otto Mation, but there are no notifications showing for me in my profile and the bug keeps appearing. Don't know why it just started doing this as the IDM proggie has not been updated or changed since I installed it. The only way I see to stop this is totally disable IDM from running in the background. ..guess I'll just have to live with it. Thanks again.