Fed up with Iris - latest, at night, hub disconnects constantly

3 posts in this topic

I've put up with the amateur hour for way too long. What are my options, I have 60 sensors throughout my house, alarm, water shutoff valve.... mix of V1 and V2 devices. Where can I go (switch to) with minimum pain?

Thanks,

I've been having the same problem. Last two nights, somewhere after 9 pm Pacific, the hub goes "offline". Nothing responds. The phone ap advises me to check my internet connection, which is just fine since I'm using it to post this. Then sometime in the wee hours, it reconnects. Even more maddening, is that I can't report it on the official Iris forum, because it's not recognizing my login info. And password reset emails never reach me. Been trying to reset for half an hour. 

HA! I just got an email saying my hub had reconnected. At 1:01 am. 

What the HECK is going on over there?

Mine was offline from 3:55am to 3:58 EST. I just assumed it was an update that then forced a reboot. 

As for switching over painlessly....good luck. V1 devices won't work on any other platform though there was a company in the UK working on getting them to work but I am not sure what other devices it would support and it sounded like you would have to do a lot of the programming yourself. ST is really powerful and seems to offer a lot of options but often you have to use special device handlers and while not terribly hard to do it isn't like Iris where you just pair it and basically you're done. With that said I am getting closer to switching over, even though I just bought a bunch of close out V1 gear. I rely on this system for home security and if they go under I don't want to be in a rush to try to get things back to working again.