Marvin Ellison

2 posts in this topic

So Marvin Ellison started a little over a week ago and I have been seeing lots of stories about his restructuring of Lowes. A bunch of people are already out or know they are out in a few months. I really hope he invests in the Iris platform and doesn't kill this off too. Has anyone seen any stories mentioning his plans for Iris or even what his thoughts are around other Lowes brands? Anyone have any thoughts? 

If he was to do a walk-through in Lowes stores  in this area and see the Iris displays, he'd probably definitely put Iris on the chopping block as the displays are pathetic. The Iris displays need to be put out of their misery before rigor mortis sets in on them. I don't understand why Lowes has let Iris go down like it has in this area yet the Nest, Google, etc displays are well stocked and clean.

Lowes is behind in sales trailing Home Depot.  Retail articles I've read lately point out that Lowe's venture in tech "store in a store" and robots hasn't helped sales...while HD focused on training their employees to be more knowledgeable about its products...this is something Lowes needs to do as well...most Lowes employees are ignorant when it comes to Iris.

Time will tell about Ellison and the future of Iris...he seems to be quick on the draw though...he definitely came in with both guns loaded with hair pin triggers. Once 4th quarter 2018  holiday sales figures come out in early 2019, that could be a deciding factor. Even though Lowes is really a home improvement store, Christmas sales will make or break a store....especially in consumer tech products

mojo2600.