IRIS Disconnects
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Just had to share this with my fellow IRIS community. So, I've struggled with sensors disconnecting throughout my house. I have 37 sensors in total and on any given day I would usually have at least 3-4 go offline. This has been a problem for way too long, and it makes for a very unreliable system and much frustration. HOWEVER, while my hub is centrally located in my home, it is located near my TV and one of my stereo speakers. I tried moving it around in a few different locations with no real increase in reliability UNTIL I simply hung it from the network/power cable?!! Yes, I simply let it hang off the edge of the shelf it was on and so essentially, it's now mounted vertically. This was several months ago now and I have had nearly 0 issues with disconnects. Not sure the reason, but all I know is it has worked for me. The system actually works and quite well now!! Just thought I'd share and see if anyone else could benefit from what has worked for me.

Ed.

Ed,

It's interesting you say that.  I hadn't put the connection together, but I have my hub now sitting vertically and have also noticed very few drops.  Prior to that in a different location it was sitting horizontally and I would experience near daily drops.  

An interesting observation to say the least.