Cameras Problematic with new ISP

5 posts in this topic

Been off the forums for awhile as I've been doing some major home improvement projects. New deck, new bathroom and now halfway through master bathroom renovation with me doing majority of the work.

Recently I switched to AT&T gigabit fiber. Speeds obviously a lot better than my 60/5 Spectrum, in day to day use however not a lot of difference except for the 100x greater upload speeds.

However, the AT&T supplied modem/router/wifi unit is fairly terrible. Went through two units and a thousand forum posts before I figured out how to reliably get it to work as a modem with my Eero

as router and wifi.

Not sure it's related, but since then all devices work great, but my cameras. I've taken all 6 through the re-pair, reset, remove procedures numerous times each. I've only been able to get two of them to

stick and work reliably. At least I have the most important areas covered and the rest of the devices work. I don't know what else to do except go on my vacation, come back later and try again. The wifi

portion is the same as before as is the network name and password. Even factory reset doesn't make much of a difference. Most of the time even when plugged into ethernet they don't work. 

I am far from an network expert but I would look into the AT&T supplied device you are currently using as a modem and see if it is blocking and ports or if you are double NAT'ing yourself. I know when I got a new modem I was having intermittent issues with VOIP and it turned out to be double NAT.

But how do the iris cameras work? I had the impression they were closed and required access via internet regardless  of whether you are on the same network or not. 

They have to be connected to the internet if you are using the Iris cloud based service. However, you can use the local streaming information in Iris to live stream through 3rd party apps without having internet access.