Two sensors with rules to control one light?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have two motion sensors in my master closet. One has a rule to turn the light on when it detects motion and turn it off when motion is no longer detected. Due to the shape of my closet if I'm at the other end the motion sensor doesn't always see me and turns the light off. There is a second motion sensor at the other end of the closet that would always see me if I'm there. If I set up the same rule for that motion sensor will they work together? What I envision happening is the first motion sensor no longer sees me and attempts to turn the light off but the other does see me and either doesn't do anything because it thinks the light is still on or it sends a signal to the light to turn on and I end up with a light flashing on and off. The light is controlled by a GE ZigBee switch.

Anyone tried this?

On 8/27/2018 at 2:20 AM, GaryS1964 said:

I have two motion sensors in my master closet. One has a rule to turn the light on when it detects motion and turn it off when motion is no longer detected. Due to the shape of my closet if I'm at the other end the motion sensor doesn't always see me and turns the light off. There is a second motion sensor at the other end of the closet that would always see me if I'm there. If I set up the same rule for that motion sensor will they work together? What I envision happening is the first motion sensor no longer sees me and attempts to turn the light off but the other does see me and either doesn't do anything because it thinks the light is still on or it sends a signal to the light to turn on and I end up with a light flashing on and off. The light is controlled by a GE ZigBee switch.

Anyone tried this?

I am using two motions sensors in a fairly large family room to control one light.  I have a separate rule for each sensor that will turn the light on, but I'm only using one sensor to control the off function.