Use Tilt Sensor to trigger alarm
2 2

7 posts in this topic

But if they add it back I believe you will lose local processing, so adding a door/window sensor or garage door controller might be preferred since they will both work and allow local processing.  The door/window sensor can be more of a pain to try to get setup than the tilt sensor since you have to put one half on the door and the other half on a non-moving part of the frame, in order to keep the parts out of the way I had to add a block of wood to the door and frame to get the sensor and magnet outside of the track hardware.

if you search the forum you will find a hack that someone did, can't remember who sorry but it was a great idea, to use a door/window switch rigged up as a tilt switch. the complete unit mounts on the door and when the door is opened the switch tips away from the magnet and alarms just as it would on a door or window. it's too difficult to setup.

Makes no sense that the tilt switches are not included.

21 hours ago, sparc said:

if you search the forum you will find a hack that someone did, can't remember who sorry but it was a great idea, to use a door/window switch rigged up as a tilt switch. the complete unit mounts on the door and when the door is opened the switch tips away from the magnet and alarms just as it would on a door or window. it's too difficult to setup.

Makes no sense that the tilt switches are not included.

I have this on 3 garage doors.  I can't remember who came up with it either, but I saw it on here also.

I can take a picture tonight when I get home if there is any interest.