ZIgbee/OSRAM drop out?

4 posts in this topic

This morning at 2:56 AM all four Zigbee OSRAM bulbs I have dropped off line.  Anyone else have any issues?

We are in the process of selling our home.  I have already bought another place and I have the old house staged  and I have the Iris hub at the house to turn on lamps when someone comes in to see the house, I also have it controlling the thermostat so I can cool it down when some one is scheduled to see it.  I only have 12 devices attached, 6 V1 smart plugs, 1 V2 smrtplug, 4 OSRAM bulbs and my CT101 thermostat.  All the other devices are zigbee except for the thermostat and everything else is fine.

I have been using the OSRAM bulbs for the last couple of years with no issues.  I thought it weird that they all dropped off at exactly the same time.  Probably just have to power cycle them, I tried a Hub reboot and that was a No Go.

Two of my 8 Osram bulbs went offline last week as well. Usually a power cycle will kick-start them, but didn't work this time. I had to force remove and then re-pair them. Once that was done, they've behaved.

It turns out it was not a Osram or Iris problem.  Apparently the last realtor that left the house was very conscientious about turning out all the lights which included all the lamps I had set up on smartplugs and bulbs.  So it was just the notifications that came at 2:00 in the morning, not the devices going offline.  I get having a delay for a notification but I would think an hour might be a good limit.  The last realtor left around 2 or 3 so I guess it must wait 12 or so hours.