Video Storage showing 0%

5 posts in this topic

For the last week or so, my Video Storage, which used to show the percentage of 3 GB that was taken up, has been showing 0%. From the number of video clips that I have, it should be showing close to 50% usage. Anyone else's video storage status showing the same?

I noticed something on the web dashboard recently that stated premium service now gives you unlimited storage for the last 30 days worth of clips, and up to 150 pinned videos.
So it seems there is no longer a 3GB limit. Depending on how many cameras you record from and how many clips are recorded in a 30 day period, it could be that this provides you either MORE, or LESS storage than before.
My guess is that they found that 3GB was enough to store several months worth of videos for most users, and decided to change the scheme to lower the overall amount of storage we are consuming.

On a side note, it seems that there isn't much of a down side to upping the FPS and resolution of the video now, as larger videos will not likely impact how much you can store.

The amount of storage will vary based on the camera's resolution and FPS, but I doubt Iris can store several months worth of videos on just 3GB.  I'm not using Iris for video recording so I don't know how exactly how much storage is required, but I can tell you that my Iris cameras, set to record on motion only, are averaging almost a gig a day on Blue Iris.  This is with the cameras set to record on motion only.  My non-Iris cameras that are set to record 24/7 are using 1.84GB an hour.  With 7.5TB of local storage I can save video clips for about 6 weeks.  With 15 cameras, six weeks worth of video storage equates to just under 11,000 video clips.

File_001.png

On 9/21/2018 at 5:09 PM, Vettester said:

My non-Iris cameras that are set to record 24/7 are using 1.84GB an hour.  With 7.5TB of local storage I can save video clips for about 6 weeks.  With 15 cameras, six weeks worth of video storage equates to just under 11,000 video clips.

Whoa!

My back porch camera and living room camera only record a handfull of clips each day. (Back porch is on motion... Livingroom only records for a few minutes each time the door is opened). 3GB would give me well over 3 months of clips.
However, when I recently re positioned my front porch camera it now records a lot more because cars that pass by trigger it. I like being able to see my mailbox though.