Reset 2nd gen hub to give away

3 posts in this topic

I have a 2nd gen Iris hub that I had setup in a 2nd home years ago. Last year I unplugged it and pulled batteries and stored it away. I'm done with this hub and am giving it away to a friend along with some smart plugs.

Do I need to "unlink" it somehow from my account even though it hasn't been plugged in for about a year?

Been so long since I fooled with Iris I can't remember much about resetting it or do I need to call iris support and have them do something? Does holding red button down factory reset it?

I would call Iris support and make sure that the hub is unlinked from your account so he doesn't have to do it when setting it up.  I would also hold down the red button for the second beep (I think that is what it is) to reset the hub before giving it to him so it wipes everything out of it.  I did this for one I gave my dad and it worked fine.  I would also tell him to hold in the button on the smartplugs (v2) while plugging them in, until the blue light comes on to reset them also.  Note on the V2 smartplugs, which I posted on here before, pair them close (10ft) of the hub and allow them to sit for about 10 min to fully initialize the z-wave repeaters in them with the hub.  Failure to do this, they won't repeat zwave effectively if at all.

Thank you accessdenied79. I just hate to call tech support--will probably let him do it. :)

I will reset it as you said though. I still have one hub with just a few things on it, but I have mostly gravitated to ST.

Iris was fun for the last 6 years and I hate to say goodbye to an old friend but I think she is bleeding now.....and I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you again for the reply,

mojo2600

"Old phone phreaks never die, they just build new boxes."