Do you have switches that you want people to quit turning on or off?

6 posts in this topic

I have a couple of switches in my garage that need to be on all the time and I do not want anyone touching them.  I found these on Amazon.  They cover the switch and attach with magnets so that if you do need to access the switch, it is easy.  These are awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WQ2UBM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

large.jpg

Interesting find...I have a ceiling fan that my son constantly uses the switch on rather than the remote. Maybe I should get a few of these just to have around. Also interested how those are marketed; never even thought about a religious need for something like this.

26 minutes ago, Terk said:

I bought some Dual Option Wall Switch Guards (3 Pack) Clear Rocker Style a while back which work well also but if those stay on well I kind of like the look of those better.

The magnets are very strong and they stay on tight.  I thought they were an elegant solution that allow quick access to the switch without tools.  Just a reminder not to toggle the switch.

42 minutes ago, Terminal said:

I used these.  They are for toggles.  They attach using the  existing screws and are open on one side so you can reach in and toggle if required.

I just picked up something like that from Home Depot today after seeing this thread. Might have to grab the decora style from Amazon at some point too.