Anyone notice that an app update is rolling out?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

My keypad that has been dead, without batteries, for a couple of months disconnected and somehow reconnected today without batteries. lol. Tired of replacing the batteries in it at $13 a pop so it had been without batteries for a few months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My keypad that has been dead, without batteries, for a couple of months disconnected and somehow reconnected today without batteries. lol. Tired of replacing the batteries in it at $13 a pop so it had been without batteries for a few months now.

Whoa....you have been buying batteries at the wrong place. Try Battery Junction. One buck each.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

My water leak alarm went off last night around 12:50 am waking me up. I looked behind the fridge and the floor was bone dry. This is an utilitech one so I dunno. The app showed me water was still detected on it in the alarm screen, the history only showed where I canceled it, and the device page showed it was ok. Sucks getting woke up in the middle of the night for a false alarm but false positive is better than a false negative I guess. Just odd it said it detected water even while holding the end in the air. Update bugs maybe? Guess we will see.

10 hours ago, accessdenied79 said:

My water leak alarm went off last night around 12:50 am waking me up. I looked behind the fridge and the floor was bone dry. This is an utilitech one so I dunno. The app showed me water was still detected on it in the alarm screen, the history only showed where I canceled it, and the device page showed it was ok. Sucks getting woke up in the middle of the night for a false alarm but false positive is better than a false negative I guess. Just odd it said it detected water even while holding the end in the air. Update bugs maybe? Guess we will see.

Last night my bedroom lamps were acting strange (they're supposed to both toggle at the same time with a button) and then I was awakened this morning at 6am by my bedroom lights coming on to 100%.  I didn't realize until I left for work that both fobs lost connectivity at the same time just before 6am and reconnected a few minutes later, triggering the "I'm Home" scene which opened my garage door, unlocked the door to the kitchen, and turned the house lights on.

I figured there had to be a patch pushed to the hub but even still, what a dangerous thing to let happen!  I fell back to sleep even, without knowing the house was wide open while it was still dark out.  I live alone and only have multiple fobs to begin with because just having a single one caused similar issues whenever it decided to stop talking for no reason.  

Note to self:  As you leave for vacation next week, cut the power to the garage door opener.

Last night my bedroom lamps were acting strange (they're supposed to both toggle at the same time with a button) and then I was awakened this morning at 6am by my bedroom lights coming on to 100%.  I didn't realize until I left for work that both fobs lost connectivity at the same time just before 6am and reconnected a few minutes later, triggering the "I'm Home" scene which opened my garage door, unlocked the door to the kitchen, and turned the house lights on.
I figured there had to be a patch pushed to the hub but even still, what a dangerous thing to let happen!  I fell back to sleep even, without knowing the house was wide open while it was still dark out.  I live alone and only have multiple fobs to begin with because just having a single one caused similar issues whenever it decided to stop talking for no reason.  
Note to self:  As you leave for vacation next week, cut the power to the garage door opener.

I set my fob rules to only work within an hour window of me coming home, that way my door doesn’t unlock in the middle of the night like that. Just an idea if you come home at the same time everyday. Set that rule only active for an hour a day when you usually come home, that way traffic or whatnot doesn’t throw it off too much that you miss the window.

Ordered, thanks! Don’t think I will leave them charging unattended though

21 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

Whoa....you have been buying batteries at the wrong place. Try Battery Junction. One buck each.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

They've actually increased to 1.10 but still a great deal.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, scunny said:

They've actually increased to 1.10 but still a great deal.

Yeah $1.10 for the CR123's and the CR2 batteries are $1.20.  They do go on sale for less though.  These are the Titanium brand that I have been using for years with great success.  Before Iris I was using them in my Surfire lights.  I order them in bulk, usually when they have a sale at even lower prices.  It makes swapping our batteries less painful to your wallet, give them a shot.

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Iris-Products-Mobile-App/3rd-Gen-Hub-and-Devices/m-p/5878#M540

not to steal the thunder from here but...New hub available in some places, new camera and other devices...

On 10/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, accessdenied79 said:

iOS finally came out and I have noticed it is a lot faster loading when bringing up stuff, at least on my phone.

Still lags a lot loading images while scrolling through the device section.