OC821 camera won't pair

6 posts in this topic

I bought one of those AT&T OC821 cameras new off ebay and can't get it to pair.  I read through the excellent topic

How to Take Total Control of your Iris Cameras with the API

And I did follow the instructions about full reset but the camera won't pair.  I can log into the camera by putting its IP in a browser and I can see video.  The default credentials for getting into admin mode is administrator and no password. 

Any tips?

Make sure that you do not have any devices listed in your device list called "New Device 1"  If so that is an improperly paired device and needs to be removed.  Make sure the camera is set to all the defaults, don't make any changes to it after performing a factory reset.  You may need to give it several minutes to pair.  Also restart the hub before you begin the pairing process.  

I don't have any "New Device 1" in my list.  I tried what you said and still the same results.  I tried calling support and they tried to help me but said that they never saw the device calling home for firmware.  It you have anything else I can try I would appreciate it.

Your issue could simply be that you have an at&t OC821 which was part of their digital life system. Probably a closed system so it may only work with them. That being said all is not lost as you can view video with a browser so you can use a third party software to use the camera.

I use Blue Iris, but there are several out there to use.