Camera Firmware Question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out which (if any) of my cameras need a firmware update.  I had a few questions:

1. I thought I remember reading that cameras only update firmware when connected to Ethernet or will they get a firmware update over wifi.
  2. If I find a camera that does need a firmware update do I just power it down, hook it up via Ethernet and then power it up and it will automatically get a firmware update or do I have to unpair it and repair it?
  3. For Gen1 outdoor camera's is 1.0.06 the most recent firmware?
  4. For Gen2 outdoor cameras is 1.0.07 the most recent firmware?
  5. For Gen2 indoor cameras is 1.0.08 the most recent firmware?

I am trying to figure out which (if any) of my cameras need a firmware update.  I had a few questions:

1. I thought I remember reading that cameras only update firmware when connected to Ethernet or will they get a firmware update over wifi.
  2. If I find a camera that does need a firmware update do I just power it down, hook it up via Ethernet and then power it up and it will automatically get a firmware update or do I have to unpair it and repair it?
  3. For Gen1 outdoor camera's is 1.0.06 the most recent firmware?
  4. For Gen2 outdoor cameras is 1.0.07 the most recent firmware?
  5. For Gen2 indoor cameras is 1.0.08 the most recent firmware?
That is the correct firmware but it’s a gen1 indoor camera if that matters. I checked them against mine.

Gen 1 indoor

Gen 1 outdoor

Gen 2 indoor/outdoor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk