Switch that can be mounted on a normal toggle.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Perhaps one of these already work as an un-certified device,I hope so, I actually have two of the Third Reality switches I am using on ST right now.  The house I just bought does not have neutral wires so I am using these temporarily until I can get some stuff re-wired.

Eco-link or Third reality.

My plan is to use my Iris hub in my shop since it is about 200' behind my house.  Connecting devices in the shop from that hub is not going to be feasible.  I plan on setting up WIFI in my shop and then I connect my Iris hub in there to control the lights and garage doors.  The shop wiring does not have neutral wires either and it would be a real pain to rewire it.  One of these type switches would be perfect.  I can always buy a second ST hub, but I would like to use what I already have.

Anyone using anything like this?

I bought another third reality switch and tried it.  It would pair but as a unknown device and would not allow me to do anything with it.  I guess I will try the Eco-Link but I don't think they will work on the gang switch boxes I have.  The one in the shop office is a single so I can use it there but out in the main area it's two 3 ganged boxes so they may be a problem.