New Iris Cameras listed on Lowes.com

7 posts in this topic

The new cameras are finally live on lowes.com

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-Iris-Digital-Wireless-Outdoor-Security-Camera-with-Night-Vision-Works-with-Iris/1000665911

They look nicer than I expected...  looks like a swivel based kind of like an Arlo.

Mentions audio  and true detect thermal sensing.   I wonder how that will compare to the trigger off anything motion setting of the current camera

Also, if you go to the app and view a live feed of your cameras,  it has a slider for audio.  Nothing playing out of mine but I wonder if there's any hope for an existing camera firmware update.

Be interested to hear a full review of these soon

I wish they would enable support for the Wyze cameras. I picked up a pair of those off Amazon and they are nice for indoor use. The app is great. Cameras can be set to listen for a smoke or CO alarm and send you an alert if heard. They have motion and sound detection (with push or email notification) and two-way audio. On board recording to a microSD card (not included), free 14 day cloud storage of alert clips.

For $25 they are tough to beat. Super easy to setup. Plug it in, push the button on the camera, and it tells you what to do next which is use the Wyze camera to scan a QR code on your phones Wyze app. I had the two cameras setup, connected to my LAN, and running in less than five minutes. So easy I bet a 5 year old could do it.

The Wyze cameras work with Alexa, so you can use your Echo Spot or Show to view any camera with a verbal command. They also support IFTT so you can come up with all sorts of uses. "Alexa, view garage camera" is all you need to say. You can set do not disturb times and also do full screen or partial screen motion detection with the ability to adjust the detection levels for motion and sound independently.

I will never buy another overpriced, featureless Iris camera. For the $300 I spend on two Iris cameras I could buy 12 Wyze cameras.

A few interesting things from the Specs:

• no hub required
  • no on-board speaker

But nothing about battery life, other than this from the Description:

• 100% wire-free, battery operated. mount it anywhere within Wi-Fi range; Easily recharge the battery with the USB cable provided. no expensive battery replacements

Just got off the phone with Iris support to ask them about removing an extra place that won't delete and we spun the conversation off on the new camera.  Camera things:  There will be four levels of sensitivity on the camera that you can adjust it for short or long range motion and the base is magnetic so the camera is easy to snap off for recharging and put back up.  Also they are also running a promotion on the camera starting on the 14th, so I guess that would be a good time to look at them if you are considering one.  Sounds pretty interesting, I might get one just to poke around with for places that don't have power easily accessible.