Alexa discovery

3 posts in this topic

I have just got my Iris system back up and running since my move.  I have Iris setup in my detached shop.  So far I only have 7 devices.  All V1 devices, except for a OSRAM bulb.  Along with the bulb I have a GDO, Button, motion sensor, contact sensor, smart plug, and a camera.  When I discover devices with Alexa it only finds the bulb and the V1 smart-plug.  I wasn't sure about the GDO as I know Alexa can't control it, but it does find the ones on my smart-things hub and Alexa will tell me if they are opened or closed.  Alexa also discovers motion sensors and contact sensors from smart-things so I assume the same for Iris.  I am pretty sure it discovered all these devices at other house.  Does anyone using Iris show these type of devices in Alexa.

My shop is connected wirelessly through a couple of netgear nighthawk routers using one in bridge mode.    I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

I have come to the conclusion that the other devices not found are not available through Alexa on Iris.  I disabled and re-enabled the skill and it said it wanted authorization to access locks, thermostats, lights and switches.   Nothing about cameras or sensors.  

I have not really used much of my Iris system over the last couple years.  I only had a few V1 devices used in some areas where I wanted a light to come on when I opened a door.  I also had kept my thermostat on Iris as it worked well for me.  So thinking back I guess the contact sensors where not listed in Iris, and I wasn't using any motion sensors, they have been sitting in storage since I went to Smart-things