So I got the Pet Door...
5 5

31 posts in this topic

4th pet door, last on the shelf, would not pair at all....after waiting 5 days for tier 2 to NOT call me back, staring at the HUGE hole in the block walI I got it to work! I had to manually push a nearby [2ft away] v1 smartplug button on/off while the hub was searching. At least that's all I did and it paired for 2 days now. range on the collar is about 3 feet in and out. Finally I think I may have it. Now if I re-foam the door in place for a 4th time will it still work.....? 

This is the third time tier 2 never called back. I do not enjoy being FORGOTTEN.

Tier 2 is notorious for leaving you an email with one of the following excuses:

1. Tried to call no answer

2. Tried to call, no voice mail

3. Tried to call, listed number incorrect

4. Tried to call, left detailed voice mail (it's never there)

I've given up on support, I feel sorry for all the Tier 1 folks who are using scripts and guessing.

Another 2 pet doors bite the dust. The one that has worked since 8/14 stopped being able to close. New one they sent will not pair at all with Iris or Smartthings. 7 doors later.... still having issues. I cant blame Iris as it seems to be the Petsafe door tranmitting/receiving problem issues.

My original door finally stopped opening after the mechanism quit working. I replaced it and have had this one now for a year or two. I've not had pairing issues but it does suck down more batteries on the v2 hub. I wouldn't recommend this pet door due to the lock mechanism.

The door to collar sensitivity is constantly changing. Some days it will work fine then others it won't trigger and I have to increase the sensitivity. Then the next day it's going off with my dog on the other side of the room and I have to turn it back down. I'm not a fan and there's not a lot of benefits to having it connected if it's this much work. If it worked right all the time then fine, it's nice to know your dog went out etc. But this thing has a mind of its own and loves eating up batteries.

I feel like I'm on barrowed time until it stops working. If it does I'm upgrading to a better brand of door that's not connected. I do like having a dog door and will as long as I have a dog.

When is Iris going to put the pet door features back into Hub2? It used to be set up so that if the fire alarms went off -- I could set this to open up and unlock the doors. After version 2 this went away with other features that made Iris nice to use... the Pet Safe dog door has lost most of its functionality now and other than being able to open or close it manually and the use of the tags  -- none of the other features work anymore. Iris is such a piece of junk anymore and Lowes had a good product and someone came along and really messed this up.. im pissed because really -- this is a safety issue and should be addressed.. allowing the pet door to be part of the rules and scenes. 

When is Iris going to put the pet door features back into Hub2? It used to be set up so that if the fire alarms went off -- I could set this to open up and unlock the doors. After version 2 this went away with other features that made Iris nice to use... the Pet Safe dog door has lost most of its functionality now and other than being able to open or close it manually and the use of the tags  -- none of the other features work anymore. Iris is such a piece of junk anymore and Lowes had a good product and someone came along and really messed this up.. im pissed because really -- this is a safety issue and should be addressed.. allowing the pet door to be part of the rules and scenes. 

Put this in a feature suggestion on the official site and they might look into adding it back in.