IRIS Being shut down by Lowe's??
5 5

67 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, thegillion said:

@Compan-1 I have been looking at your site so what all do I need?

We have added these pages, which should contain the answer.  If not, then please get back to us.

https://www.systronicsrf.com/installation/network-adapters.html

https://www.systronicsrf.com/installation/hub-configuration.html

We are planning release of Beta version for testing in mid-January.

1 hour ago, sparc said:

Losing Alexa integration will be big for me and I am sure for others. Do you plan to have an Alexa skill similar to the one now used with Iris?

Yes that is a concern for me as well.

Throughout the last 7 days we’ve been adding more content to the SystronicsRF.com website, and, as promised, we are highlighting the additions as they become available.

Some changes have been made in response to visitor feedback, including improved access to the table of USB network adapters, and a description of the configuration of Raspberry Pi hub, both in the Installation area, and the addition of an applications area.

Following recent questions from both registered users and forum members, we've included a new FAQs section.

Further new sections include Designing Applications, Heating Applications and how we're bringing your earlier AlertMe and Iris devices back to life.

We welcome your comments and questions. 

MY Pi 3B+ is on order, along with the bits needed to make up the whole kit (case, fan, 3A power supply). I have a HomeSeer USB stick but from reading on your site it sounds like I (or anyone) would need two ZigBee interfaces, one to use with the Iris 1G devices and a second to interface with Iris 2G and later devices, provided you have some of both of course. Is that true?

If that is the case then I will need two ZigBee network interfaces as I have a mix of 1g and 2g Iris devices, one for Z-Wave devices, and Wi-Fi connections will be handled using the onboard Wi-Fi of the Pi3B.

What about the GE hard-wired outlets and switches. They came in both Z-Wave and ZigBee flavors. Do you anticipate supporting those too. I have a few of them installed around the house.

I didn't see mention of support for Iris cameras, is this still in the works or did I miss it?

Thanks for being here and answering questions.

14 hours ago, sparc said:

MY Pi 3B+ is on order, along with the bits needed to make up the whole kit (case, fan, 3A power supply). I have a HomeSeer USB stick but from reading on your site it sounds like I (or anyone) would need two ZigBee interfaces, one to use with the Iris 1G devices and a second to interface with Iris 2G and later devices, provided you have some of both of course. Is that true?

If that is the case then I will need two ZigBee network interfaces as I have a mix of 1g and 2g Iris devices, one for Z-Wave devices, and Wi-Fi connections will be handled using the onboard Wi-Fi of the Pi3B.

You are absolutely correct.  Two ZigBee adapters and one Z-Wave adapter (US).

4 hours ago, Vettester said:

Nope, they are more than welcome to share anything they want on this forum.

Isn't that what other devices section for? It's bad forum etiquette to hijack threads 

Well the subject has drifted from it's original of is Lowes shutting down Iris.

And I am part of that asking about SystronicsRF.

It is the next question after is Lowes shutting down Iris, that is what to do with all your Iris devices,
and the SystronicsRF hub seems to be the answer.

I have enough spare and/or unused Iris devices that I can start building a system around the new hub without affecting my current system, as well as some gear from Aeron like a power monitor, contact switches, a doorbell (can't wait to get that working to replace that cr@p Iris hub chime).

On 12/20/2018 at 5:31 PM, scunny said:

Vettester is an Admin recruited by me and I'm fine with his post.

My name is EyeRuss, and I approved this ad.  And I approve SystronicsRF using my favorite forum, Living With Iris.

We have been adding further content to the website, including more of the sections in the Applications area.

More importantly, we have included a feedback facility for registered visitors, in which you can outline your use of your system, and the devices that you have. This feedback will help to guide us going forwards, so that we can better tailor the new system to existing users' needs.

This facility is reached via the My Profile link, adjacent to the Login and the Search field.  The entered content is retained in a secure area specific to each registered visitor, so that you can amend it over time.

There is a free format text area, in which you can describe your use of your system, and add any other comments.  There is also a facility for you to catalog your devices.   This works in a similar way to an ecommerce website.  There is a reasonable comprehensive list of devices, from which can select for inclusion in your catalog.

Wishing you a happy holidays and we look forward to working with you in 2019.