GE Light switches reversing
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone had the switch direction reverse by itself? I have 2 switches that you now have to press the bottom to turn it on. Anyone else had this problem and no how to solve it? With The V1 iris you could reverse the direction of the switch I recall, it that disappeared in v2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know with some of the switches you can reverse the LED light (lit when on, or lit when off) using a series of button presses... I would think there is probably some combination which will also reverse the direction of the switch.

4 minutes ago, Smitho said:

I know with some of the switches you can reverse the LED light (lit when on, or lit when off) using a series of button presses... I would think there is probably some combination which will also reverse the direction of the switch.

Nevermind... Looks like the switch can not be inverted in this way...
https://www.ezzwave.com/advanced-operation/

Hmmm, I think is what has happened to my GE in-wall receptacle. The LED is now OFF when the power is applied and ON when the controlled outlet is dead. I know it used to be the other way around. I use this outlet to power a pad heater for our cat in the winter. If he goes outside and no one is home he might not get back in soon so I have a shelter set up for him with a outdoor pet heating pad that is controlled by monitoring the temperature of a motion sensor in the shelter. When the temp drops below the set point the outlet is turned on and stays on until a second rule turns it off when the temp rises to 6 degrees above the ON setting (38°). This way it does not short cycle on/off frequently. The motion sensor also lets us know that the cat has been in the shelter by a push notification. When I set it up again this Fall I noticed the outlet LED was indicating the opposite of how it had the past 2 winters.

I'd like to know how to change it back to the LED being on when the outlet is hot/energized.

8 minutes ago, sparc said:

Hmmm, I think is what has happened to my GE in-wall receptacle. The LED is now OFF when the power is applied and ON when the controlled outlet is dead. I know it used to be the other way around. I use this outlet to power a pad heater for our cat in the winter. If he goes outside and no one is home he might not get back in soon so I have a shelter set up for him with a outdoor pet heating pad that is controlled by monitoring the temperature of a motion sensor in the shelter. When the temp drops below the set point the outlet is turned on and stays on until a second rule turns it off when the temp rises to 6 degrees above the ON setting (38°). This way it does not short cycle on/off frequently. The motion sensor also lets us know that the cat has been in the shelter by a push notification. When I set it up again this Fall I noticed the outlet LED was indicating the opposite of how it had the past 2 winters.

I'd like to know how to change it back to the LED being on when the outlet is hot/energized.

With an outlet the only way to change it would be to call support and have them do it.  There are commands that allow the LEDs to be changed but Iris does not have any way for the user to send them.

1 hour ago, sparc said:

OK, thanks, I was hoping there was some button sequence on the device itself that could change it. Don't need to be able to program through the app but that would be nice.

There are button sequences on the switches that will allow you to do this but not outlets.

1 hour ago, Terminal said:

There are button sequences on the switches that will allow you to do this but not outlets.

I have tried several times on several different switches and the on, on, off never does anything with the LED on the switches.  V1 used to let us change that, would be nice if the would put that back in V2

1 hour ago, accessdenied79 said:

I have tried several times on several different switches and the on, on, off never does anything with the LED on the switches.  V1 used to let us change that, would be nice if the would put that back in V2

I had never tried it but I had heard you could.