Yale Assure 256 Deadbolt

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

Yesterday I installed Yale Assure 256 touchscreen deadbolt. I got it installed, paired to Iris and functional.

My question; does Iris support a mechanism in which to give temporary door pins OR give just door pins to people WITHOUT them having Iris account? I tried to just manually assign a couple PINs on lock itself, but it appears when paired with Iris it doesn’t allow manual code creation directly on lock? It says it saves and I hit check to confirm but the codes created directly at lock level will not open deadbolt.

I appreciate the security, the lock installed great and seems like a SOLID piece... these kids aren’t gonna lock me out again. If it isn’t possible I sure wish temporary pin assignment was— or at least allowed to create some pin codes without IRIS account, even if that means it can’t track whose unlocking door.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Blaine

--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

Good Morning,

Yesterday I installed Yale Assure 256 touchscreen deadbolt. I got it installed, paired to Iris and functional.

My question; does Iris support a mechanism in which to give temporary door pins OR give just door pins to people WITHOUT them having Iris account? I tried to just manually assign a couple PINs on lock itself, but it appears when paired with Iris it doesn’t allow manual code creation directly on lock? It says it saves and I hit check to confirm but the codes created directly at lock level will not open deadbolt.

I appreciate the security, the lock installed great and seems like a SOLID piece... these kids aren’t gonna lock me out again. If it isn’t possible I sure wish temporary pin assignment was— or at least allowed to create some pin codes without IRIS account, even if that means it can’t track whose unlocking door.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Blaine

--

Click the + in the upper right

Add a Person, Partial Access, Contacts or Manually, Select how you know this person, create a PIN code (this will be used in the lock), Phone Number, Next, done with this step.

Click the doors and locks card off the homescreen, access at the top (shaded), click the lock you want to modify access to, edit at the top right, and check beside the persons name that you added above to give them access to the lock.  This will update the lock and you can turn on and off access to the lock with the locks and doors card as you wish.

This allows you to add a person to your account, but them not having to create an iris account, basically just creating a user on your account.

Click the + in the upper right
Add a Person, Partial Access, Contacts or Manually, Select how you know this person, create a PIN code (this will be used in the lock), Phone Number, Next, done with this step.
Click the doors and locks card off the homescreen, access at the top (shaded), click the lock you want to modify access to, edit at the top right, and check beside the persons name that you added above to give them access to the lock.  This will update the lock and you can turn on and off access to the lock with the locks and doors card as you wish.
This allows you to add a person to your account, but them not having to create an iris account, basically just creating a user on your account.

Not sure which part of that my stupid... wasn’t doing yesterday but I tried that and it didn’t work; followed your directions today to a T and worked perfectly. Thank you, so much!

1 minute ago, blaine07 said:

Not sure which part of that my stupid... wasn’t doing yesterday but I tried that and it didn’t work; followed your directions today to a T and worked perfectly. Thank you, so much!

Not a problem at all, that's what we are here for 🙂 👍