Something new is coming

27 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how useful just having the temperature of each device would be.  What are your thoughts as far as where you are going with this? If you could correlate this with power consumption you may be on to something.  In the meantime I'll stick with my BlueLine EnergyCloud.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.44.24 PM.png

If you have devices spread throughout every room in the house it might be interesting to see how the house heats up in daylight or maybe get an idea of how well your heat is balanced from room to room.

14 hours ago, thegillion said:

Its metal and black.

You could use one of your previous hacks to use wired magnetic contact sensors inside the mailbox and mount the Iris contact sensor gen 1 battery module under the mailbox that way it is still protected from the weather but not affected as much by temperature swings inside and it will also get better reception.  I had to do that to get the range I needed from my mailbox.

Okay so this has taken a lot longer to make work then I wanted. Here is the daily watt-hour usage of my devices that report power usage. How it does this is simple. It plots the data every 5 mins. Then average the plots to make watt-hour. Then add every hour together for daily watt-hour.  Saves all of them to a new table in the database for faster access.

download.png

I am needing you guys to help with this project. I am just looking for things for the A.I. to say. It's super easy to make them. 

*NAME* the *DEVNAME* is using a lot of power at *PLACE* today. I would look into that.

turns into 

John the Spectrum Bridge-it is using a lot of power at WPBK transmitter today. I would look into that.

This is for power warning but you the same tags are for all warning.

Let me get the ball rolling...

Assuming these messages would be realtime, this would be nice to have:

Hi *NAME*, the *DEVNAME* is offline at *PLACE*. This may be affecting the overall performance of your system. 

OK, if it's not real time is it NRT? What is the latency, which I know will vary with the users location but what is the latency for the AI itself.

How long does it take to process the data and formulate the response and how will this performance be impacted when 1000 people are using it and it is being fed data from 50,000 devices.

And does everything need to be NRT? Is it possible to classify responses with a priority ranking so that important responses are delivered ASAP and others may not be delivered for a couple minutes. Or maybe a user selectable filter on what messages they want.

Or am I missing the while point and all this interaction is created by the user during which they would have the ability to define the priority or delay for a response.

Can you give us a list of the keywords? That would help me figure out what I might want to the AI to say and how to phrase it.