Signs of a buyer?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is "preemptive" or if it is a sign of a buyer, but I just hit a bookmark that pointed to https://www.facebook.com/IrisbyLowes/ and it was dead....
Looks like the URL has been changed to https://www.facebook.com/IrisSmartHomeSystem 
The "name" of the page, however, is still "Iris by Lowe's" at the moment.
With that said, I've stated for some time that the updated logo (and the way "by Lowe's" was tagged onto the end) was a sign they planned on selling it off... so this could just be a preemptive measure.

Combined with the "nothing else I CAN share" comment (as opposed to "nothing else TO share")  and "stay tuned", and "hope to have some exciting news to share soon", posted by the admin on the official iris community forums, I wonder if they are in the very beginning stages of transitioning to a new owner. I bet we see some URL forwarding action soon... Lowes currently also owns www.irissmarthome.com... It probably will be included in the sale and become the primary domain soon (with irisbylowes.com forwarding to it for a period of time).
Hopefully there is a big announcement coming soon.

14 hours ago, mikeyc said:

I just hope Google doesnt buy it, google is the kiss of death for technology companies...

I don't think iris poses enough threat to any existing google product line for them to expend the capital to kill it off.

Not sure if this means anything BUT..... I was look at devices on my orbi and check out that device name.... Amazon Iris....   This is my new 3rd gen hub

Screenshot_20181228-144933.png

00:16:A2 Centrali CentraLite Systems, Inc. << V2 Hub
3C:71:BF Espressi Espressif Inc. << V3 smart wifi plug
74:C2:46 AmazonTe Amazon Technologies Inc. << The mac address listed above
D0:C5:D3 Azurewav AzureWave Technology Inc. << V3 Hub

Looks like it may be something to do with that router or maybe this is an update. What you see is the info I found.

It could absolutely mean nothing, I just thought it was interesting to see it this afternoon.  I've scene those descriptions be wrong before.  This is a RBK 50 orbi Mesh router set up

Attached is the description through the Orbi app, above was Via The IP address

Screenshot_20181228-181005.png