Hubitat

30 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, PeteSal said:

I just ordered the Hubitat hub online for $99.95, gonna return my Smartthings hub from Amazon when it gets here.

Welcome aboard!  If you haven't already, I recommend registering on their forum.  The community is really pitching in to help displaced Iris users with their transition.

I am about 75% migrated to Hubitat, and while there is a learning curve, simply slowing down to think and read has solved all the issues so far.

And the "Dashboard" you can send to your mobile devices to control the functions you preset may not look flashy, but it works. 

Since I configured what the "buttons" display, I can read climate in several locations from the single dashboard view, and turn things on and off.  And I have a dashboard for my wife that only shows what she wants to see and activate on her phone, but she can open a more general one if she needs to.

Yes, its different than Iris, but it's feeling more like "my setup".

I have completed my transition to Hubitat for all of my non-V1 devices. My v1 was all security - 20+ contact sensors and keypad. I had already stopped using so it was minimal impact. I browsed the Hubitat community for a bit before making a decision. Some of the conversations were certainly a bit intimidating for a non-programmer, but I was able to move a few items at a time to gain comfort.  It went quickly and I was done in just a few days., with what I would say was pretty minimal effort and issues.

I now have all of my automations programmed and working. I added three Dome contact sensors from Best Buy to handle the door automations in place of the V1 contacts. I intentionally sought out sensors that were on the Supported Devices list. I was a bit concerned with all of the discussion around Drivers but I did not have to find or replace any drivers, all that were matched on pairing worked.

There has been discussion that someone is working on V1 devices so I will not be getting any other contact sensors as I am optimistic that this will happen. I have the luxury of being able to wait since I had already stopped relying on the majority of my V1 sensors. 

I spent just over 25% of my Lowes gift card to get to this point so I am very pleased, especially if the V1 contact sensors get Hubitat support. I will be able to make a few improvements and still have money left over. 

Sorry, but can somebody point me in the direction of this Hubitat forum everyone is referencing? I received my Hubitat hub today and would like to start adding my V1 sensors and smart plugs. Or is there a guide somewhere in this forum on how to do this, perhaps?