Iris Wireless Security Camera
1 1

8 posts in this topic

All,

I recently bought two of these new cameras and came across an interesting quirk.  With the old indoor/outdoor camera you could control the "recording on movement" through the use of rules.  

With these new cameras, it appears that they record a 30 second clip on movement no matter what.  I've looked through all of the options I could find and see no way to turn this option off.  

Has anyone come across this yet?

I see now there is an extensive post from AccessDenied79 on the official forum.  Looks like this is supposed to be a new "feature" of this camera.  Guess I should have read the fine print before I bought them.

I see now there is an extensive post from AccessDenied79 on the official forum.  Looks like this is supposed to be a new "feature" of this camera.  Guess I should have read the fine print before I bought them.

You have 90 days to return them, I have 30 days left on mine. Still haven’t decided to keep them or return them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I'm not unhappy with the camera itself. I love the design and concept, I just think it creates unnecessary clutter on the "clips" page.

I just wish there was an option to turn off the automatic recording.

To be fair, I'm not unhappy with the camera itself. I love the design and concept, I just think it creates unnecessary clutter on the "clips" page.

I just wish there was an option to turn off the automatic recording.

There is, but it’s manual. Go to settings of the camera and turn sensitivity to off. It hibernates the camera but you manually have to turn it back on to record by setting the sensitivity again.

3 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

There is, but it’s manual. Go to settings of the camera and turn sensitivity to off. It hibernates the camera but you manually have to turn it back on to record by setting the sensitivity again.

If I do that though, does the ability to use it as a security device go away? As in will it still detect motion for the security system?

If I do that though, does the ability to use it as a security device go away? As in will it still detect motion for the security system?

It essentially turns it off except for live streaming. I have mine outside on the front porch so it doesn’t constantly record like it would do inside. Would be nice if iris could schedule it but since it is web connected and not hub connected, I don’t know if they can do that.

11 hours ago, accessdenied79 said:

It essentially turns it off except for live streaming. I have mine outside on the front porch so it doesn’t constantly record like it would do inside. Would be nice if iris could schedule it but since it is web connected and not hub connected, I don’t know if they can do that.

Thanks.  I'm using mine inside and want them to be an active participant in the security system, so I guess I'm stuck for now.