Alarm Continues Arming Itself

7 posts in this topic

My Iris alarm - for some reason - has been arming itself while I’ve been home. It’s happened about 4 times since 5:30p EST. The History log is claiming that my “All Fobs Away” rule is triggering it, but my fob is in-house and the battery is showing good. I just rebooted my hub, so hopefully that fixes it

Anybody else experiencing weirdness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, steeladonis said:

My Iris alarm - for some reason - has been arming itself while I’ve been home. It’s happened about 4 times since 5:30p EST. The History log is claiming that my “All Fobs Away” rule is triggering it, but my fob is in-house and the battery is showing good. I just rebooted my hub, so hopefully that fixes it

Anybody else experiencing weirdness?

I haven't had this issue today, but this is exactly what happens at my place when they are working on updates.  I have noticed that an update comes within a day or two of my fobs leaving/arriving mysteriously.

Also happens when one fob is home and battery is weak, but sounds like you've checked that.

I haven't had this issue today, but this is exactly what happens at my place when they are working on updates.  I have noticed that an update comes within a day or two of my fobs leaving/arriving mysteriously.
Also happens when one fob is home and battery is weak, but sounds like you've checked that.

Well, the batteries check out, but the fob doesn’t seem to respond when I press the buttons. I mean, I always had to STAND on the dang buttons for it to work anyway (‘cause the Gen 2 fobs were pretty much garbage) - but now I’m gettin’ nothin’.

Oh - and my alarm just armed again - so the hub reboot didn’t work...

14 minutes ago, steeladonis said:

Well, the batteries check out, but the fob doesn’t seem to respond when I press the buttons. I mean, I always had to STAND on the dang buttons for it to work anyway (‘cause the Gen 2 fobs were pretty much garbage) - but now I’m gettin’ nothin’.

Oh - and my alarm just armed again - so the hub reboot didn’t work...

Which version key fob?  1, 2, or 3?  Version 1 has confirmation LEDs, which helps in diagnosis.  Version 2 sucks almost as bad as the version 2 smart button, but I still use 2 of them.  I don't have any experience with the last version which looks just like the version 2 but with different symbols for the buttons.

NM, just saw it's a version 2.  I would replace the battery and re-check.  Then remove and re-pair if it were mine.  

Edited by rdisom
Saw part of message

18 hours ago, rdisom said:

Which version key fob?  1, 2, or 3?  Version 1 has confirmation LEDs, which helps in diagnosis.  Version 2 sucks almost as bad as the version 2 smart button, but I still use 2 of them.  I don't have any experience with the last version which looks just like the version 2 but with different symbols for the buttons.

NM, just saw it's a version 2.  I would replace the battery and re-check.  Then remove and re-pair if it were mine.  

The alarm armed again several times, so I called tech support.  We were seeing the key fob's status fluctuate between 'Home' and 'Away'.  Tech support had me remove the battery for 10 seconds and replace.  I found it somewhat telling that she didn't suggest we unpair/repair -but she probably knows what a PITA those things are to pair.  Anyway, removing/replacing the battery seemed to quiet the issue for about an hour then the alarm armed again.  So I just removed the batter and disabled any related rules. Ridiculous.

So there is no v3 of the so-called "Smart Fob"?  Is it just a v2 fob "pig" with lipstick?

37 minutes ago, steeladonis said:

The alarm armed again several times, so I called tech support.  We were seeing the key fob's status fluctuate between 'Home' and 'Away'.  Tech support had me remove the battery for 10 seconds and replace.  I found it somewhat telling that she didn't suggest we unpair/repair -but she probably knows what a PITA those things are to pair.  Anyway, removing/replacing the battery seemed to quiet the issue for about an hour then the alarm armed again.  So I just removed the batter and disabled any related rules. Ridiculous.

So there is no v3 of the so-called "Smart Fob"?  Is it just a v2 fob "pig" with lipstick?

Lol.  I don't have one, but thats what it looks like in the pictures.  Home/Away designs as well as "A" and "B" instead of the shapes on the buttons.  Otherwise, they look exactly alike.

Sorry, not laughing at your plight.  Only at the "pig with lipstick" comment.

My 2 version 2 fobs have actually been pretty solid, but I don't use the buttons.  I only use them for presence rules at 2 different locations.  I also use 4 of the Version 1 fobs and they have had similar leave/return issues when an update was coming.