Connect all V1 devices you have before going thru redemption!
1 1

74 posts in this topic

Are my smoke and CO detectors worthless now? I =guess they will still work stand-alone but losing the connection to the system and being able to get notifications on my phone were a big part of the reason I bought them and trashed my old NuTone fire/security system which was working fine when I bought into Iris but wasn't 'smart'. I guess I wasn't so smart either choosing Iris. The NuTone system lasted 28 years, Iris not so much.

Are my smoke and CO detectors worthless now? I =guess they will still work stand-alone but losing the connection to the system and being able to get notifications on my phone were a big part of the reason I bought them and trashed my old NuTone fire/security system which was working fine when I bought into Iris but wasn't 'smart'. I guess I wasn't so smart either choosing Iris. The NuTone system lasted 28 years, Iris not so much.

First alert are zwave and are compatible with all zwave hubs, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, accessdenied79 said:

Nope, cameras are dead all around.

I'm not so sure they are. For a while, when Lowe's was having so much trouble with the video clips (the thumbnails would suddenly disappear and you couldn't see any of your recordings - this went on for months), I successfully used iSpy and the image-based motion detection to record the clips on a local computer. Given that I could do that, it wouldn't be much of a problem to run a process that watched for new files and uploaded them to my cloud. So I don't think they will become bricks by any means - but you will have to use Iris before it goes away to obtain the network information such as MAC address and network password. I also purchased Blue Iris but never installed it because Lowe's finally fixed the thumbnail problem. I also have four new, unpaired I/O cameras still in stock that a store had on sale a few months ago. Perhaps @thegillion and @IrisUsers would be kind enough to comment on future usability of Iris cameras? I don't see that it's absolutely necessary to have them integrated into the automation/security system, but it IS nice to be able to use the camera motion detection as a trigger. 

30 minutes ago, hxn said:

Perhaps @thegillion and @IrisUsers would be kind enough to comment on future usability of Iris cameras? I don't see that it's absolutely necessary to have them integrated into the automation/security system, but it IS nice to be able to use the camera motion detection as a trigger. 

They can be used without Iris.  Everything you need to know regarding the cameras is right here:

And pairing all of your devices before doing the redemption will serve no purpose.  The redemption's are being done based on a snapshot that was taken sometime earlier.  Do the redemption and call support for further information.

this is most of my spares.

You'll see a hub in there also, that is not mine that is one I bought from a friend a while
back when he got fed up with Iris and was planning to set up at my sisters house.

I just emailed her last week and told her I had put together a system for her.

Now that idea is history.

I guess I will need to call all this stuff in and hope I get credit for it.

20190201_144111.jpg

15 minutes ago, Otto Mation said:

And pairing all of your devices before doing the redemption will serve no purpose.  The redemption's are being done based on a snapshot that was taken sometime earlier.  Do the redemption and call support for further information.

@Otto Mation, thanks for your reply. These are the newest I/O cameras, so I was thinking of pairing them just to get the Iris-generated passwords for them. I see that you had found the password for the earlier camera versions - do you know if that one is still valid for the newer I/O camera? I'm still interested in some kind of integration, though, as I use regular motion and contact sensors to trigger camera recording.

2 minutes ago, hxn said:

@Otto Mation, thanks for your reply. These are the newest I/O cameras, so I was thinking of pairing them just to get the Iris-generated passwords for them. I see that you had found the password for the earlier camera versions - do you know if that one is still valid for the newer I/O camera? I'm still interested in some kind of integration, though, as I use regular motion and contact sensors to trigger camera recording.

They should be the same for all of the v1 and v2 cameras.  I do not know about the Swan battery operated cameras that were released a few months ago.

8 minutes ago, Otto Mation said:

@sparc,

Be wary of those NYCE hinge sensors.  I did not like mine.  They are finicky and not very reliable.  Just a heads up.

that's why they are not part of my system, but I hope to get credit for them.

1 minute ago, sparc said:

that's why they are not part of my system, but I hope to get credit for them.

Gotcha,  I don't think that they are on the list because they are not specific to Iris but certainly can't fault you for giving it a shot.  Let us know what happens.

19 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

Wish I would have seen this before hand. I tried connecting stuff afterwards, and refreshing, wiping cache, data, etc. Nothing worked. I then decided, to just take what I could get rather than wait. I figure I better take the money and run before it runs out or they change their minds on this deal.

I called and told them about the unpaired devices, that were now paired. I had to accept the offer before they could manually credit me for the additional devices. 

54 minutes ago, awraynor said:

I called and told them about the unpaired devices, that were now paired. I had to accept the offer before they could manually credit me for the additional devices. 

I guess that is the route I will take then too in stead of pairing all those devices.

Just got off the phone with them. The supervisor was able to add the additional devices. 1/30/2019 was when they pulled the list.

11 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

Just got off the phone with them. The supervisor was able to add the additional devices. 1/30/2019 was when they pulled the list.

Excellent info. I will add my remaining V1 devices (a camera + 2 WiFi plugs) tonight and call tomorrow to have them included in the redemption list. Hopefully it will all work out.

Excellent info. I will add my remaining V1 devices (a camera + 2 WiFi plugs) tonight and call tomorrow to have them included in the redemption list. Hopefully it will all work out.

It was definitely easier than I thought it would be.

Which products are definately not eligible for redemption? The GE oulets/switches? How about the garage door controller?

Anything that can be migrated over to another platform is not part of the program. The GE stuff is zwave, mostly or zigbee and they work with pretty much everything. The iris branded garage door controller, SmartThings supports it already. Also gillion provided a list on one of his sites, just look for the link on the recent posts. Yesterday I believe.

7 minutes ago, IrisWV said:

Which products are definately not eligible for redemption? The GE oulets/switches? How about the garage door controller?

@thegillion has a webpage set up for when the source code goes public.  On that page, right at the top, he has a spread sheet showing everything that is eligible for redemption and the price paid.

http://arcussmarthome.com/

I have a halo+ I'm trying to pair to iris, it looks like they are offering $135 for them. I wired it up but it stays a solid red light. No sound or anything. Any help would be appreciated.