A post from the Iris Community manager
3 3

17 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this over here for those that may not be on the official Iris community.  Mike has helped me and others here on numerous occasions.  He's taking some heat over there even to the extent of being called a liar.  He could only say what he was allowed by management and hates to see this happening to the Iris community as much as we do.

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Solutions-Projects-How-To-and/Thank-you-and-I-will-miss-you-all/m-p/6544#M1150

Yes it is rough because he can only tell what the corporate masters tell him to say/do.

Now that Iris is official finished, i do have a question. Does any of the admin/mods here want to admit (after March 31st) if you were a core member of Lowes Iris on their payroll? I know a while back there was some discussion that a couple of the mods/admin may actually be Lowes Iris employees who may have inside info, but cant comment because they work for Lowes. I am sure after March 31st you , whoever you are, are looking for new work since your paycheck has been "shutdown by Lowes". I would think that atleast a few of our most important members here,  may be double agents, so to speak. Anyone want to speak up? This isnt meant to be negative, since i am sure everyone here fully pushed for Iris to survive, but it would be interesting to know who were they key players who brought us the v1-v2 migration tool (which was a great tool for 95% of folks) and who spent time coding the Santa Tracker (wtf man)

Lol you are a admin of a basically dead forum don't think he was taking about you. This forum hasn't scene this much action since the v1 to v2 switch over.

7 minutes ago, Devi8 said:

Lol you are a admin of a basically dead forum don't think he was taking about you. This forum hasn't scene this much action since the v1 to v2 switch over.

I'll help you find your way out of this dead forum.

22 minutes ago, mikeyc said:

@scunny Okay i believe you. I was actually thinking someone else. who isnt a mod or admin but seems to always be 3 steps ahead of lowes in software development. But i respect everyone's privacy.

🙊🙉🙈⏱️

5 hours ago, Devi8 said:

There is no way this forum is dead or needs to be put to bed, unless the owners wish to do so. It will live on as we all migrate to other systems but we can still come here for support and opinions.

5 hours ago, mikeyc said:

@scunny Okay i believe you. I was actually thinking someone else. who isnt a mod or admin but seems to always be 3 steps ahead of lowes in software development. But i respect everyone's privacy.

If you are referring to thegillion, he is not nor has he ever been an employee of Lowe's.

6 hours ago, Otto Mation said:

If you are referring to thegillion, he is not nor has he ever been an employee of Lowe's.

Well maybe they should have hired him, One man is smarter then a whole team of iris engineers. HA-HA

I feel terrible what the Iris team is also going through.  I am incredibly bitter over how this has turned out.  I do not blame the Iris team however.   But I do blame corporate Lowes seeming to be concerned over profit over all else.   It's been obvious for years, but we all wanted to keep believing in the system that these engineers were working so hard on.  I have no doubts that the Iris team was crippled by Lowes Management, not by any shortcomings of their own.   If they REALLY wanted to save Iris, they could have probably done so easily.  I would have been willing to pay $25/month for the services we received, which would be comparable to competitors.  They also had interested buyers but did not move on it.  It's really like they wanted the system to fail so they could just wipe their hands clean of it, and move on leaving us all in the dust of their "failed experiment."  

Yes. There was another thread where one of the potential buyers, and there were about 5 companies who placed bids, which was unnamed, offered a significant amount of money to purchase Iris and Lowes basically said they rather shut it down.  Sounds like Lowes had given up on Iris before they even put it out to bids.

I will point out a accounting trick, sometimes companies which are not doing good financially (AKA Lowes) will rather "loose" money on shutting down a product rather than make a profit on selling it. The reason is business losses are tax deductible so it helps Lowes to shut this down Q1 instead of Q4 so their 2019 taxes show a XXXXXX million dollar loss to avoid taxes on their 2019 profits.... just a thought to think about....