Iris on April 1st

3 posts in this topic

So I got asked a question by a friend that is running ST. Since they added some basic local control, what are the chances that any of this will keep functioning and maybe buy me some more time to get SystronicsRF or something else set up? I am thinking of simple intrusion detection...auto arming at night, disarming in the morning, arming when fob leaves and triggering the siren if a door or window opens when armed. I realize there will be no call or use of the app, but if I can handle basic arming through a keypad what are the chances it still kind of functions for a bit?

I suppose a way to test this would be to disconnect the ethernet from your HUB and seeing what does, and does not work.   In fact, if you want to go this route, I would recommend disconnecting the network connectivity from your hub before the 31st to prevent Lowes from sending any kind of "destruct" code to the Hub as one last kick in the pickle before being gone forever.  Assuming that the Hub doesn't already have code to stop functioning after a certain date, already. 

Not a bad idea. 

As for them killing the hub I doubt they will. In another thread thegillion said he was expecting to be able to repurpose the hub with Arcus. Since it seems he knows some of what is going on behind the scenes I don't think he would say that if they were going to cripple it.