WiFi Smart Switch Web GUI?

6 posts in this topic

So, has anyone heard or been successful in getting a web GUI from the wifi smart switches? With the impending shutdown, open source releasing, and Iris's customer support basically ignoring my question, I'd like to know....

My idea is to repurpose the smart switch to a LAN controllable switch, where I can remotely reset my cable modem, as needed...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Well, we're getting down to the wire here, so I'll ask too--

Has anybody out there tried to get the WSP1PA-LW WiFi Smart Switch to work outside of the Iris walled garden?  I bought a half dozen of them last November for cheap and Lowes will be refunding me way more than I paid, so I'm good financially but....

I still have a problem throwing out otherwise perfectly functional HW.  Thegillion's teardown makes me think that at very least these could be physically hacked to turn them into switches controlled by an Arduino or RPi....  One could connect to the pushbutton or even replace the entire controller board with something full custom?

Hacking into the normal wifi channel would certainly be more convenient; I wonder if there are any clues in the SW released to open source?

So, anyone with a answer. There was open ports, albeit locked out without the correct credentials but after shutdown, they are gone.

@thegillion
Any insight sir?