Lowe's, love it or hate it?
4 4

11 posts in this topic

So my emotions are all over the place the last few days with Lowe's and how they handled Iris. Initially I was super pissed since we were all hoping Mike was right and it would carry on in some way. Then I was pleasantly surprised by the redemption offer ( minus my devices that we're not paired yet). I was also starting to come around more to liking Lowe's more since they planned on releasing the code.

Then today I went to Lowe's and I left so sad. The Iris display was basically empty like always but they had huge displays for ST ADT systems and Google Home. The ST display was a prime location, an end cap at the end of the aisle that traverses the store, so it is visible from the other side of the store. The banner had to be 10-15' high. The Google display had a decent location with a similar size banner. I sat there thinking if Lowe's had only advertised Iris this much years ago things could have been so different today. So now I am kind of mad that they never really supported this platform but appreciate they tried to help financially.

I don't hate Lowes or love them.   For now, I am disgusted at them and do not plan to use them for home improvement need going forward.   I've shopped nearly exclusively at our local Lowes.   This is after years of frustrations with them and how they handled Iris over the years.  In my opinion, I think the only reason they're even offering redemptions at all is because they're likely planning to claim this all as business losses.   Call it a "conspiracy theory" but I could see them killing Iris off instead of selling it because selling would mean a profit that they'd have to claim.  If it's a "failed business venture" they can use that to their tax advantage.  I don't really think the redemption are just out of the kindness of their hearts.   If they really cared about their customers and enthusiasts, I feel like Iris would have been handled much differently through time.   Just my opinion and venting frustrations about Lowes.  

14 minutes ago, Twhalen24 said:

Not to mention they hope you spend your visa gift card with them.  

Mine will be used with "Agent Orange" :) and with whichever vendor i decide to get to replace Iris.  Bestbuy has ST on sale right now for anyone looking to move quickly to a new platform

I just got back from a Louisiana Lowes---not a single Iris product on the shelves, but they still had pull cards for Halo & Halo Plus.

Not a single ST either, only GE Smart Switches & Nest...it's strange that not a single Louisiana store near me (2 in Shreveport & 1 In Bossier City) has ever

stocked ST....only a few TX stores near me have ever had ST, while a Henderson, TX Lowes store 28 miles from me NEVER stocked Iris from day one in 7 yrs.

Will be interesting to see what 2nd quarter of 2019 brings for Lowes in HA.

mojo2600

" I think the only reason they're even offering redemptions at all is because they're likely planning to claim this all as business losses. "

I haven't read the fine print of the redemption offer because I haven't gone through that process yet, but I would bet that by accepting the redemption money you forfeit your rights to any other claim or joining any class action or other legal action brought against Lowes concerning Iris.

It's the only reason they would be so generous with the redemption money I think. I see it as way less than the huge legal fees they would face on top of paying us all off in the end anyway.

I still like Lowe's they're upgrading my old v1 stuff which needed updating along with the crappy cameras they had. I'm excited to get some new modern technology upgrades for free, if they stayed up I'd been on the hook to update them myself. I'm going best of breed vs making it a requirement to have a fully integrated system even though Smartthings integrates with most everything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk