First Alert ZSMOKE
1 1

4 posts in this topic

In looking at other home automation systems, I am finding support for the First Alert ZCOMBO (Smoke/Carbon Monoxide) detectors, but none of the others make any mention of the smoke alarms I bought to use with Iris, the First Alert ZSMOKE (Smoke Only.)   Has anyone paired the Iris ZSMOKE detectors with other systems successfully?  Were these Iris ONLY detectors?   If so, Lowes did not give me any credit for these. I'm stressing that I bought 8 of these First Alerts and didn't opt for the combo unit, and now may have really hurt myself by doing so. :(  It seems like systems that support the combo, would also support the smoke only?   

3 hours ago, Dan8785 said:

In looking at other home automation systems, I am finding support for the First Alert ZCOMBO (Smoke/Carbon Monoxide) detectors, but none of the others make any mention of the smoke alarms I bought to use with Iris, the First Alert ZSMOKE (Smoke Only.)   Has anyone paired the Iris ZSMOKE detectors with other systems successfully?  Were these Iris ONLY detectors?   If so, Lowes did not give me any credit for these. I'm stressing that I bought 8 of these First Alerts and didn't opt for the combo unit, and now may have really hurt myself by doing so. :(  It seems like systems that support the combo, would also support the smoke only?   

When they were first offered they didn't have the combo units, they were smokes only IIRC. I bought 4 of the smokes then when the Smoke/CO detectors came out I bought one of those. I would have bought more but my Lowes only had the one hanging on the display and every time I went back they never had any more.