Multi-Tenant Capabilities
2 2

2 posts in this topic

I am considering SmartThings but I was curious how Smart Things will work with the In-Laws who live with us.  We have a detached In-Law suite about 400ft from the primary house as well as a detached barn about 600ft from the primary house.  So that raises a few questions that I have not been able to find the answer to:

1) With SmartThings can I control what user has access to what cameras?  For example I do not want the in-laws to have access to the house cameras but I do want them to have access to the cameras with the detached In-Law Suite and the Barn

2) With SmartThings can I have more than one hub with cross hub controlled devices?  For example I would like to make a single "rule" that turns on the outside lights at sunset.  Some of the light switches are in the In-Law Suite, some are in the barn some are in the house.

3) With SmartTHings can I have multiple Alarm zones?  In this case what I would like is for the In-Laws to be able to arm / disarm just their building and I would like the ability to just arm / disarm the house or the barn.

Iris is the only system I am familiar with so I appreciate the help.  If Smart things does not work well with multi-tenant would I would appreciate any input/insight if Hubitat or another system be a better solution?

Nope don't know that you could do that with Iris but you can just add two hubs and only invite them to the one with the devices you want them to see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk