Post When you get your Gift Card

13 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, mstriker250 said:

I just got off the phone with iris they are saying 2 to 4 week to get the Visa card.

I did my redemption on the 1/31

If that is the case I would be impressed. I was guessing month's out 

If that is the case I would be impressed. I was guessing month's out 
Well, I hope they are pushing a sense of urgency, as all us Iris users are most likely using the card to reinvest into another platform

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Has anyone received any updates via email on the redemption process?  I'm really surprised they're sending a GIFT card that has to be signed for, that could easily be lost/stolen, instead of just issuing checks to the account owner.  :(  Seems checks would have been cheaper for them also. 

Depends on the terms of the GC. Some expire after a certain amount of time and anything left either goes back to the company that issued it or the company that issued the card. I get a ton of these Visa GC with rebates and often you only have 6 months to use it. They also bank on you using most of the amount but know you'll likely end up with like 20 bucks and change and it is really difficult to use it all. Some websites will allow you to split your purchase between cards and that is pretty much the only way I have been able to use the entire amount.

1 hour ago, Wlepse said:

Depends on the terms of the GC. Some expire after a certain amount of time and anything left either goes back to the company that issued it or the company that issued the card. I get a ton of these Visa GC with rebates and often you only have 6 months to use it. They also bank on you using most of the amount but know you'll likely end up with like 20 bucks and change and it is really difficult to use it all. Some websites will allow you to split your purchase between cards and that is pretty much the only way I have been able to use the entire amount.

^^^ THIS. 

They probably have a deal with VISA to reduce or eliminate the overhead costs of issuing them, in exchange VISA keeps the balances, or the reload fees, etc.

"You agree to accept a Visa Prepaid Card as tender of your redemption, and that we may issue and initiate delivery of your Visa Prepaid Card within a reasonable period of time, which may occur after March 31, 2019 but no longer than one (1) year from the date We are able to validate your submission in its entirety;"

This was from the email I got for the completed redemption process.  "A reasonable period if time which may occur after March 31, 2019"

Like WTF.

They are probably using one of those services, that most of the rebates go through these days. Last few gifts cards I've gotten for rebates have literally taken a couple months to get. I went ahead and bought everything, and then I'll figure out how to use the gift card later. While it's a pain, I keep reminding myself, that many companies would have just shut down and done nothing. So this is much better than it could have been.