Cameras Good\Bad
1 1

17 posts in this topic

All,

I'm trying to find new cameras since my Iris ones are going away.  What is anyone else doing?  I have a wyze v2 cam, but the clarity isnt there. I'm attaching a pic of my wyze cam.

I can't make out a license plate of a car and that seems important along with a clear face of a person.

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20190205-163144_Wyze.jpg

1 hour ago, thegillion said:

I am testing out Blue Iris using Iris cameras. The one on the right is a V1 indoor and the one on the left is a V2. They are still running on Iris too. 

I see your BI server's CPU usage is almost maxed out.  Keep in mind that the evaluation version of Blue Iris does not support direct-to-disk recording which reduces CPU usage significantly.  My server is running 15 cameras at 15 fps and averages around 18%.  I'm using an Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6GHz with 16 GB of RAM.

1 hour ago, sptrr99 said:

All,

I'm trying to find new cameras since my Iris ones are going away.  What is anyone else doing?  I have a wyze v2 cam, but the clarity isnt there. I'm attaching a pic of my wyze cam.

I can't make out a license plate of a car and that seems important along with a clear face of a person.

Thoughts?

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.livingwithiris.com/topic/4180-iris-camera-quality/?tab=comments#comment-36701

I've been  using Amcrest security cameras for the past two years.  Absolutely love them.   Image quality is great!  Also has the option of recording to the cloud and/or a local NVR, and/or SD card locally on each camera.

amcrestcameraviews.PNG

2 hours ago, Vettester said:

I see your BI server's CPU usage is almost maxed out.  Keep in mind that the evaluation version of Blue Iris does not support direct-to-disk recording which reduces CPU usage significantly.  My server is running 15 cameras at 15 fps and averages around 18%.  I'm using an Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6GHz with 16 GB of RAM.

Yeah thinking it was just my VM server because of its 1 core CPU for testing.

" I have a wyze v2 cam, but the clarity isnt there"

Have you set the video to HD? The default is SD IIRC. There are three settings: 360p, SD, and HD.

Also, if your Wi-Fi signal is poor the camera will drop back to 360p to try to maintain the connection,
so if you had it set to SD or HD then maybe it reset on its own. You can easily reset it when viewing
the camera, don't have to drill down into settings.

23 hours ago, sptrr99 said:

All,

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20190205-163144_Wyze.jpg

How far away is the car? Looks to be about 50 or 60 feet. Can you read a license plate with your eyes at that distance. Also looks like maybe there is something distorting the view like something on the lens or maybe you have this positioned to look out a window since Wyze cameras are not outdoor rated. Just above and to the left of the flag seems smudged, and to the left and below the area highlighted in green also appears blurry.  Is there maybe some condensation on the window or distortion caused by viewing through the window at an angle? How old is the glass in the window, there could be distortion in the glass itself.

Now you meantion it, that is a valid point, the car is kinda far and I might have trouble reading it if it was passing by.  It was outside, not behind glass.  Nothing blurry on the lens, I think it's the video artifacts.

I'm probably expecting too much.  It was a poc test.  One to see if the wifi would make it that far.  The wyze camera reported 80 to 90 percent wifi strength.  I doubt that claim.  The iris camera next to it connects to a wifi extender because it couldnt connect without it.  

I think I have a bit more work and tweaking to do to see if results improve.

With the right camera this is can be done. The truck in the first screenshot is about 70’ feet away and the second shot is from the same camera with a 30X zoom.

1cd797a6c7bb919371ae4241b5f9e681.jpg

4c530e2048bd8b80ed7cb98ac889116b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of camera is that? Also, is the camera zoomed it to see 1500, or is that the wide view and you zoomed in after the fact? Meaning if you have the wide footage already, can you zoom in on the 1500 to see it?

Iris V1 and V2 cameras were way overpriced for a 720p camera.  You can get a 1080p Dahua or Hikvision for less.  I bought 8 Iris cameras before I knew better and was looking for a way to recoup at least some of my investment.  Lowe's helped me out by paying me back for these junk cameras through the redemption process.

I was debating between Arlo and Ring. Wasn't sure on battery cams with Arlo but it has free 7 day recording. Ring charges and makes you buy bundles based on address vs account if you want recording.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk