Which hubs support v1 Smart plugs, v1 Motion and v1 door sensors
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I know this has kinda been answered in multiple topics but it is not clear to me at this point.  I have a bunch of 36w13 Lowes v1 plugs I would like to not trash.  Also there appears to be an Arduino zigbee hack in this forum, so I am curious why other hub vendors have not figured it out.  Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Mike2019 said:

I know this has kinda been answered in multiple topics but it is not clear to me at this point.  I have a bunch of 36w13 Lowes v1 plugs I would like to not trash.  Also there appears to be an Arduino zigbee hack in this forum, so I am curious why other hub vendors have not figured it out.  Thanks in advance.

Mike, we're currently testing Iris products in house and will have more information on this next week.

Unfortunately, I think the problem is that a zigbee adapter in a hub can only work with V1 iris stuff, or standard zigbee stuff, but can't work with both at the same time.
For instance, systronics is going to be supporting the V1 iris stuff, but they say you need 2 of the same zigbee usb adapters in order to do both standard zigbee and iris V1 zigbee.
I would imagine it would be possible for another company to support iris v1 devices through use of an additional usb zigbee adapter, otherwise they would have to break their existing zigbee support to make it work.