Visa Cards
6 6

96 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Smitho said:

I only got a tracking # for my self redemption items. I also called and got another $300 worth of items approved, but the email I received didn't say anything about that.

That doesn't surprise me.  I'm sure you'll have to hand over your first born to get that $300 since it was handled on the side.

18 minutes ago, Pirate said:

My two cards came today.  ~$1100 total.  They expire in a year. But, I'll burn them up this weekend.  Apple HomeKit... here I come. 

Wow. Did you ever get a tracking number? I just got the email today...

4 hours ago, Smitho said:

I tried the identity validation again and this time I was able to answer ONE of the questions (Original sale price of my home). The rest were "none of the above", and it finally validated me. The rest of the questions were about a personal loan that I'm sure has nothing to do with me. @Soozicle1  You were right about the security being terrible. I'm pretty sure I just confirmed my identity based on completely false information they have about who lives at my home.

Ditto

Just some clarification.  The max amount of each redemption card is $2,000.  Each card will be sent in an individual mailing. So the tracking numbers we are seeing now represent amounts of $2,000 or less for each tracking.  The ultimate tracking we will receive will be the total of all redemptions divided by $2,000 with one being less than $2,000.

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

My two cards came today.  ~$1100 total.  They expire in a year. But, I'll burn them up this weekend.  Apple HomeKit... here I come. 

Can you confirm that you received redemption for what was on the system at the snapshot on January 30 and another for the supplement, thus the two cards?

4 hours ago, scunny said:

Can you confirm that you received redemption for what was on the system at the snapshot on January 30 and another for the supplement, thus the two cards?

Yes.  That it exactly.  One was from the system snapshot... same amount.  The other was from my phone call about other devices I had.  The cards have your name on them and the amount of the card where the business name would usually be imprinted.  Oh, and a note that says "Thank you for being a loyal Iris customer."  LMAO.  

5 hours ago, Smitho said:

Wow. Did you ever get a tracking number? I just got the email today...

No.  At least not that I saw.  They just showed up USPS with signature required.  Simple to activate online. 

8 hours ago, Pirate said:

No.  At least not that I saw.  They just showed up USPS with signature required.  Simple to activate online. 

I wondered if you had to activate them.  I can get gift cards from points on my credit card and up until this last time they would just send them regular USPS to my house.  I would then have to activate online before I could use them.  This last time I ordered some they came FedX and required a signature but no activation required.

This was posted earlier from Mike S one of the devs and an admin on the official site:

Redemption card update

Hi folks,

Many of you have gotten emails with tracking numbers for your Iris redemption gift cards. I wanted to update everyone and let you know that if you haven't gotten a notification yet not to worry. The cards are NOT being processed in chronological order, they are actually being processed in an effectively random order so whether you redeemed the first hour or just last week won't make any difference what batch your gift card comes in. The next large batch will drop sometime next week, so please be patient as the fulfilment house works through their list.

Thanks

-Mike

I was having a conversation last night with my brother.  I have been pushing him towards home automation for quite some time.  I even offered him a spare Iris hub a few months ago just to get him started.  I told him what had happened with Iris and that they were giving us this redemption card and he flipped out.  He could not believe a company would stand behind their product like that.  So while some people might have a bad opinion about how this went down, (not me), someone from completely outside was thoroughly impressed with Lowes response.

21 minutes ago, rdisom said:

I was having a conversation last night with my brother.  I have been pushing him towards home automation for quite some time.  I even offered him a spare Iris hub a few months ago just to get him started.  I told him what had happened with Iris and that they were giving us this redemption card and he flipped out.  He could not believe a company would stand behind their product like that.  So while some people might have a bad opinion about how this went down, (not me), someone from completely outside was thoroughly impressed with Lowes response.

If I had something to bitch about with Lowe's it would be the fact they never really got behind Iris. I think if they had this would have been a money making division and they either would have kept it or easily sold it off. But once they made the decision to kill it I agree they went above and beyond what I would have expected. 

8 minutes ago, Wlepse said:

If I had something to bitch about with Lowe's it would be the fact they never really got behind Iris. I think if they had this would have been a money making division and they either would have kept it or easily sold it off. But once they made the decision to kill it I agree they went above and beyond what I would have expected. 

I completely agree.  I originally chose Iris over Staples Connect because everything was available in my local Lowes store.  Nearest Staples was about 45 miles away.  They removed from my store and the closest store that stocked Iris was across the street from the Staples. lol

They never had an adequate display set up, or promoted the Iris brand any where near me.  I told my wife I should volunteer to set up one of their wooden sheds with a few Iris items and promote it for them in the parking lot.  I could never understand why it was not given the attention it needed to succeed.

On a side note, apparently don't take any of my advice on HA equipment because both of my choices are defunct. 😖

I got my tracking number via email today at 2pm showing the list if devices from the redemption page. It was missing the additional devices I added earlier this month and confirmed via phone with CS. I checked the mailbox and had 2 envelopes with the original credit value in 1 and the additional devices value in the other. Tracking says I signed for them. LOL.

Sad that I have to rush into a new system but happy the folks at Iris covered the loss. Years ago I used a VoIP annual prepaid service who shutdown on us, no reimbursement.

Man, am I glad I looked manually for the tracking number.   I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Lowes never sent an email with tracking information or anything.  My gift card is supposed to be delivered TOMORROW.   Good thing I have meetings scheduled all day and can't be home to sign for it.  My post office is one that does not deliver anything without a signature.  🤬