Pairing Iris V2 smart plug with Smart things.

32 posts in this topic

I can get into the diagnostics of the Hopper and check the signal status and everything comes up with a green checkmark.  Since it doesn't actually report signal strength, I assume the checkmark means everything is OK.

Green check marks is just showing it can see the satellites at the time of the check switch. Hit the home button three times, go to Dish (3) on the left and it shows the signal strength in the bottom left. If you are on eastern arc (sats 65,72, or 77(depends on dish) then you can check 72 transponder 17 and check that strength. I beta test for work, so I know some about the set top boxes.

4 hours ago, accessdenied79 said:

Green check marks is just showing it can see the satellites at the time of the check switch. Hit the home button three times, go to Dish (3) on the left and it shows the signal strength in the bottom left. If you are on eastern arc (sats 65,72, or 77(depends on dish) then you can check 72 transponder 17 and check that strength. I beta test for work, so I know some about the set top boxes.

IMG_2592.JPG

19 minutes ago, accessdenied79 said:

I asked the tech here and he said 48 is the lowest acceptable signal. If it drops lower than 48 you will more than likely see pixelation. It should be at least 10-12 higher on the scale, according to him.

I really didn’t mean to hijack this thread, but I appreciate the response!