Anybody got their pre-paid Visa card from Lowe's?
6 6

72 posts in this topic

I completed the redemption process weeks ago.  It said I would get an e-mail with tracking when it shipped.  Since then, nothing but silence.

Has anybody gotten their's?  How long does this process take?

The only official word I have is from the terms I agreed to when I went through the redemption process.  I have heard unofficially 4 to 6 weeks,  and since it's only been two weeks since they sent out the notice that leaves maybe 2 to 4 weeks?  But according to the agreement it could be up to a year.

I believe the estimate was 2-4 weeks (displayed at the time you completed redemption), however the terms, as @Terminal said, stated it could be up to a year.
If I'm not mistaken, the announcement was made around this time 2 weeks ago. That means today would be the EARLIEST I would imagine we MIGHT see cards go out. Within the next 2 weeks we will find out if that 2-4 week estimate was just blowing smoke or not. 🤥
But then again, there have been mentions of 4-6 weeks.... so who really knows. Unfortunately, either way it appears anyone who doesn't have the cash to float until the cards come in might be dead in the water come the end of next month. Even if they all went out tomorrow, it's gonna be pushing it to receive the card, order replacement gear, and get it installed before the shutdown.

Iris isn't going to be making these up themselves, they are going to be using a service to make and send these out. I highly doubt they would back out of the deal at this point, and revive the system, as most people have moved on already. Whenever I've filled out a rebate to get a prepaid card from other companies, it's generally been 4-8 weeks.

Hopefully they aren't waiting until the end date to release the info to the card / rebate processor or something silly like that. Either way, it's likely going to be a moment before we get anything.

They could still be waiting to find out if other devices can be integrated into other systems. It seem like I remember see in the agreement that items maybe removed from the redemption claim if it can became useful on another system. 

They could still be waiting to find out if other devices can be integrated into other systems. It seem like I remember see in the agreement that items maybe removed from the redemption claim if it can became useful on another system. 

True and it’s kind of bogus because people are trying to get their systems integrated into other systems, and are buying devices that are currently on the list that represent devices that won’t integrate to other systems. Counting on the money Lowe’s stated they will send.

If we wait for them to figure things out on whether the devices will integrate or not, the dam system will be down and people will be left without security and automation.

They should stick to what the list is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Twhalen24 said:

I was wondering if that meant they would retroactively reduce the refunds, or if that was more like "if you wait to file a redemption claim, you might not get what someone did earlier"

I was wondering if that meant they would retroactively reduce the refunds, or if that was more like "if you wait to file a redemption claim, you might not get what someone did earlier"

Oh, maybe that’s true! That would be the right thing to do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The card for my work system apparently arrived yesterday, but it went to City Hall.  Hopefully I see it sometime today.

The cards for home system appear to be coming Friday, although they are in Los Angeles as of last night.  May have them today or tomorrow.

I received mine this morning. I filled out the rebate on the first day it was available. There was supposed to me an email sent with the tracking info but that did not happen, there was also supposed to be a signature required but our US Post women just put it in the mail box.

I have 2 separate Iris accounts, one of which was a manual redemption...haven't gotten any email or anything from either account, granted one was done a few days after shut down announcement but other was done a day or 2 after shutdown email.

I received mine today as well.  Few things to note I also did not get an e-mail notification of the shipment.  I just happened to stop at home between client sites for lunch when the mail lady knocked on the door.  The other thing is the web activation for the gift card does not work but the phone activation does work so don't panic when you try to activate the card on the website and get a SQL error....