Anybody got their pre-paid Visa card from Lowe's?
6 6

69 posts in this topic

Posted over in the Iris By Lowes forum:

Redemption card update

Hi folks,

Many of you have gotten emails with tracking numbers for your Iris redemption gift cards. I wanted to update everyone and let you know that if you haven't gotten a notification yet not to worry. The cards are NOT being processed in chronological order, they are actually being processed in an effectively random order so whether you redeemed the first hour or just last week won't make any difference what batch your gift card comes in. The next large batch will drop sometime next week, so please be patient as the fulfilment house works through their list.

Thanks

-Mike

1 hour ago, mbrooks78 said:

I received mine today via FedEx. I worked as a credit card and I used it online to purchase some ring products for my home security.

I got a killer deal on some SimpliSafe products on Amazon. Wife has name recognition with them and keeping automation separate from security. Report back on your Ring products. 

Received the first one today, for the original redemption.  Waiting for tracking for the second card.  FYI, the first card showed up one day earlier then the tracking showed.

Switched to Ring for security, 3 keypads, 11 door/window sensors, one motion, 90% of the setup was easy, two sensors just wouldn't connect, but after a factory reset on the sensors they showed up.  I'm thinking that I wasn't patient enough and the two sensors would have connected if I gave them a little more time.  The keypads are great.  Built in proximity sensor lights up the status of the system as you walk past the keypad, and if the room is a little dark, the number pad also lights up.  Also voice responses from the system to setting and disarming, similar to Iris V1.

9 hours ago, randomaccess386 said:

Received the first one today, for the original redemption.  Waiting for tracking for the second card.  FYI, the first card showed up one day earlier then the tracking showed.

Switched to Ring for security, 3 keypads, 11 door/window sensors, one motion, 90% of the setup was easy, two sensors just wouldn't connect, but after a factory reset on the sensors they showed up.  I'm thinking that I wasn't patient enough and the two sensors would have connected if I gave them a little more time.  The keypads are great.  Built in proximity sensor lights up the status of the system as you walk past the keypad, and if the room is a little dark, the number pad also lights up.  Also voice responses from the system to setting and disarming, similar to Iris V1.

Now that the cards are showing up, I hope everyone will have some time to post their results from their chosen solutions.   Ring looks promising for the security side.

Looks like the second batch of cards are getting ready to ship, just received this email......

Feb 23

03:09 PM
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HENDERSON,NV 89011

This weekend I migrated to SmartThings; so far impressed. I LIKE the IF THENs. A few shortcomings but I don’t believe anything we can’t work through or around. Was glad SOME of my iris stuff didn’t have to hit waste bucket LOL

My 2 came today. USPS Priority Mail flat envelopes. The label says USPS Signature Confirmation, but he just left them in the mailbox. I do have a locking mailbox, so it's fairly secure.

No email was received...they just showed up.

My 2 came today. USPS Priority Mail flat envelopes. The label says USPS Signature Confirmation, but he just left them in the mailbox. I do have a locking mailbox, so it's fairly secure.
No email was received...they just showed up.

My two came today also, didn’t have a tracking number or email. Glad they came today after I was off work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my cards today.  Orders were placed.

Hubitat

Wyze cameras

Smart Things multi sensors

Dome motion senor

Bond IR fan control

Alexa Spot

GE Enbrighten Smart Plugs

First Alert Smoke/CO detector

Got some new stuff I haven't used before, we'll see how it all works out.

Got both of mine today also. Already bought Ring camera 2 and security alarm kit from Costco. I'm really glad that Lowe's came through given the circumstance. I think I actually got back more than I spent on my old system.

I got 2 cards that covered the total amount of my self redemption last Friday. It was a little over $2,000 so they split it evenly between 2 cards.
I noticed USPS informed delivery shows another delivery from the same place (ARROWEYE SOLUTIONS / ENDICIA) scheduled for tomorrow, so this should be the card from the manual redemption process where I called in.

This has been a bitter/sweet process. Its fun getting new gear... Its nice that there are some new capabilities that I did not have with iris, but the other edge of the sword is that there was a level of integration between the alarm and smart home functionality that I just can't get with anything else and still have reasonably priced professional monitoring with cellular backup. I'm going with ring and smartthings and hoping there is additional integration in the future that allows me to "have my cake and eat it too".

52 minutes ago, Smitho said:

I'm going with ring and smartthings and hoping there is additional integration in the future that allows me to "have my cake and eat it too".

That's the route I took as well. So far, looks like only the Ring camera can be integrated into other systems (eg. SmartThings). Right now I have the SmartThings turn on the porch light when Ring camera senses motion. It would be nice if I can also integrate the Ring alarm sensors (eg. motion, contact etc.) so I don't need to buy another set for automation. But from what I read, it's not happening soon, since Amazon charges $ for security monitoring. If they open up the API, they might loose some of that revenue.

Got mine on Monday.  No e-mail notification, no tracking.  I was at work at the time of arrival.  The mail carrier rang my Ring doorbell for a signature and I asked her to just leave the card in my box.  She signed for me and told me not to tell anyone :-).  I left the office immediately to retrieve my card out of the mailbox.

Not too thrilled about not getting the notification, but I'm not gonna cry about it.  Lowe's really did us a solid by trying to make us "whole" on the way out the door and I'm thankful.