Anybody got their pre-paid Visa card from Lowe's?
6 6

69 posts in this topic

I got my big one last week and was able to activate it online, last night I got my $300 one but it kept telling me they couldn't find a record of it when trying to activate it online so I called in and it supposedly activated over the phone entering the same info.  I guess I won't know for sure until I go to use it.

I received my $1345 automatic redemption and my $450 manual redemption today.  Still waiting on a third card for $200 that Lowe's promised due to making a mistake on my manual redemption.

Both of mine arrived today. Luckily I got the alert the day before they were going to be delivered so my wife called and asked them to hold them so she could pick them up.

23 hours ago, Dredwolf said:

My mail carrier left a note for me today, that I have something requiring a signature.  I'll try to go by the post office in the AM.

Picked up my card from the Post Office this afternoon after signing for it.  Will let you know how activation goes.

I received mine last week but I didn't notice it will a week later because I missed the mail guy and card they left me was sitting at the bottom of the mail box. I spend my card today on another system on-line.

My automatic redemption for $455 has arrived and been activated.  The activation web site is working.  I just did my manual redemption last weekend for $70 more, so not expecting that for a bit.  Time for a shopping spree.  Based on everything I've read I'm going with Hubitat.  I may look at RFSystronics later, but I need something that I can migrate to quickly and relatively easily and supports the majority of my big ticket items (Schlage and Kwikset door locks, lots of GE switches and outlets).  Ironically the one item that spurred me to by Iris in the first place, the Orbit Sprinkler Timer, doesn't seem to be supported by anybody, so I'm in the market for a new one.  If anyone is using Hubitat to control a sprinkler system, can you tell me which you are using and how you like it?

On 2/26/2019 at 2:52 PM, thejq said:

That's the route I took as well. So far, looks like only the Ring camera can be integrated into other systems (eg. SmartThings). Right now I have the SmartThings turn on the porch light when Ring camera senses motion. It would be nice if I can also integrate the Ring alarm sensors (eg. motion, contact etc.) so I don't need to buy another set for automation. But from what I read, it's not happening soon, since Amazon charges $ for security monitoring. If they open up the API, they might loose some of that revenue.

I'm thinking they will expose their contact and motion sensors to smartthings and alexa at some point, but not the other way around (not let you use smart things sensors in ring)
I'm hoping for official integration between the alarm and smartthings eventually, but in the mean time I set this up and it seems to work great!
https://github.com/asishrs/smartthings-ringalarmv2

It was a little bit of work to setup... I wouldn't suggest it to someone who isn't really tech savvy, but I would guess most people in this group could handle it just fine.
Remember though, smartthings has "home modes" and "smart home monitor modes". This operates based on "home modes", which can be triggered by routines.