Took the Vera plunge
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hopefully my utilitech water sensors hook up too, but I like the idea of temp with these Zwave water sensors.     Once I get this up and running, I can see my self getting more plugs, and temp sensors.  Maybe one day I can hook up the old V1 iris sensors with some other option.

https://justclickappliances.com/z-wave-vs-z-wave-plus/

Items Ordered:

Price:  
$79.90  
$119.85  
$119.85  
$83.90  
$99.95 -$29.xx=$69.xx  
$24.95  

3 minutes ago, Dredwolf said:

Did you have any V2 components that Vera could use, or was your setup V1 only?

everything V1. I didn't add anything after the Hub replacement.  I still have my V1 hub. I never sent that back in that prepaid box.

43 minutes ago, ryat2016 said:

everything V1. I didn't add anything after the Hub replacement.  I still have my V1 hub. I never sent that back in that prepaid box.

Thanks for replying.  JoshFromVera posted earlier in the official Iris forum they are still testing components, maybe he'll update us on this forum.

Installed 1 controller and 1 Philio contact sensor. (And I didn't have to be within 5? feet of the hub like IRIS). 

Got signed up online, entered the UI7 interface, paired the sensor, and it's sending emails and texts to me.  Pretty basic stuff. 

Has 4 modes vs Iris 2 modes (full/partial), so a little more options in that regard.

I have other cameras, so no need to add to this system.

Probably run dual mode until IRIS dies or this system proves just as dependable.