Iris CAMs working on ST
4 4

55 posts in this topic

I got my Iris CAMs working on ST with Generic Camera device handler.

https://github.com/pstuart/smartthings-ps/blob/master/devicetypes/pstuart/generic-camera.src/generic-camera.groovy

Just get the username and password from Iris app in the cam devices settings.

Use the following path:

http:///img/snapshot.cgi?img=vgaf2b8c9602d50b93be3501bc2a490bd84.jpg241335b4bbd591d3a0b79f8f53a4e25f.jpg4d36a4b8eb8ba665db81631075b27f3a.jpg

Iris Who?

just curious, what do I need to get out of the Iris setup?
Do I have to unpair them from Iris first?

do I have to attempt to factory reset the cams?

At least it would be nice to still be able to look/see with them...

I got the video to work locally with a new handler. It tries to pull the cam up on both an internal and external address so I need to work on that to get external working. I never unpaired my cams from Iris, I just shut the hub off but shouldn't need to do that either. I was also able to get audio to work with:

/img/media.sav

I'll post a link to the device handler and steps when I can. I also got it to show up in security as a cam that can record on alarm. Not sure on that working yet. I was also able to set up a rule that if the cam had motion it would turn which not sure if that's take a snap or attempt to record or nothing. b4011081462d0c358405abea40fa0f5f.jpgd1279af9481f2f5fba1f09d287098bba.jpg8e55966e1b62a6afac04820927003f1d.jpg32ffaafef8e71a82021d47c0c647c1a3.jpg858ddf6f74b8c43b5f0fa5bf1aa4f888.jpg

Iris Who?

Login here with your samung account to get to the smartthings ide: https://graph.api.smartthings.com

Once you login click the hamburger menu top right select device handlers, on that page click create new device handler.

Select 'from code' option and paste in the code from this post:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/generic-camera-device-using-local-connection-new-version-now-available/3269/482

Select create at the bottom and then at the top select publish and 'for me' should popup select that.

It's now saved as a device type.

Go to devices in hamburger menu.

Select create new device.

Name and label it and enter a device id like 6767.

Select self published from version and pick 'test camera' for type, probably at the bottom of the list.

Fill out location and hub info.

Select create and it will show up in your device list in the app now.

You'll need to go that new device in your ST app and select the cog wheel for that device's settings and enter the camera info.

Get the username and password from the Iris app by looking at the camera's settings in Iris under local streaming on the device page under the more tab and settings. Use that as the camera user and camera password in ST.

If you have port forwarding setup on your router you can enter that info for camera ip address and port and see it when off your local network.

If not sure about port forwarding you can just enter the same info from the Iris app local streaming page for your IP in ST. Local streaming will only work when on your home network.

Camera path to image:

/img/snapshot.cgi?img=vga

Camera path to video (media.sav will do audio on v2 cams):

/img/media.sav

Or

/img/video.sav

That's it.

bd8c89d7020d793bf50019ba18cd29d6.jpg86573c39e28eb8dd64573e7f3b0496d5.jpgda58710084017633c56a6eb04caf48d6.jpg

Here's what they look like all setup. I have three v1 outdoor iris cams, two v1 indoor cams, and one v2 indoor/outdoor cam. They all work and all have audio. The bottom snap shot tile is a carousel tile you swipe left on to view your snaps or you can check the history to see all snaps. The videos don't record anywhere they just live stream. You can view them in full screen but it doesn't rotate to landscape. My Iris hub is also disconnected and they work fine. Just make sure you get the username and password from the before you disconnect it. Also make sure the cams are set how you want them. See previous post on setup. 5a46384e8512fce55ea60c5bca361737.jpg7cd6251abb873f84cd1414cf5011be91.jpg86d75ac0ae6efd877f0c8ba6cff97038.jpg82a1642d6c28a146388e5e7a7e650a01.jpg7059098bbbbc2548aad71de52b915c22.jpg2a2a576fded0e70923cea6aefb240396.jpgb4bae4d03bd0c2a07d8333d796a70b54.jpg305f2c1feffdeb9e7896d0077d1f8dd0.jpg

Iris Who?

Ok, so I followed your set up and I can take snapshots but no live video. Have checked and rechecked settings. Camera is still paired to Iris and somehow has audio. I don't remember it ever having audio. So I shut down the Iris hub and still the same error, "Camera cannot be found. We are trying to connect". Using ST Classic. New app only shows two power tiles and a motion sensor tile.

This is great news that we can use our V2 camera! Thanks for sniffing this out. Any suggestions for my setup?

Thanks!

Ok, so I followed your set up and I can take snapshots but no live video. Have checked and rechecked settings. Camera is still paired to Iris and somehow has audio. I don't remember it ever having audio. So I shut down the Iris hub and still the same error, "Camera cannot be found. We are trying to connect". Using ST Classic. New app only shows two power tiles and a motion sensor tile.
This is great news that we can use our V2 camera! Thanks for sniffing this out. Any suggestions for my setup?
Thanks!
Are you on your home network?

Iris Who?

Here are my settings:

Camera ip Address: 192.XXX.X.XXX

Camera User/Password: copied off Iris app

Camera RTSP Port: 554

Camera Port: 80

Camera Path to Image: /img/snapshot.cgi?img=vga

Camera Path to Video: /img/video.sav

Does Camera require User Auth?: ON

Does Camera use a Post of Get, normally Get?: GET

Yes, it was all done on my home network. Funny, I left the house and I was able to take stills from the camera, but no video.
Yeah stills work remotely just not video.

Iris Who?

Yeah stills work remotely just not video.

Iris Who?

Note: video will work remotely in ST if you setup port forwarding on your router and use your external IP address.

Iris Who?

@thegillion Hey..Same guy that messaged you on your other post about Spectral. Did you get your ST hub yet and integrate these bad boys? Mine are integrated now into ST with live streaming and TAKE photos but no live video recording.  That is what I am super interested in so please let me know sir I would really appreciate it. Also, just curious because you obviously are awesome with all this stuff, are you BETA testing Systronics? I'm in their BETA program but not sure if I'm going to go through with it since I'm already playing around with ST. Let me know and I can send you the BETA software they sent me if you are interested.

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script_dth_metadata_91ae2c7b_5c51_4698_99be_a49f1d72b100: 25: expecting '}', found ',' @ line 25, column 31. 24 attribute "hubactionMode", "string" ^ 1 error

What am I doing wrong?