Iris CAMs working on ST
4 4

38 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, dusterp said:

Make sure you got all the code in your handler and you didn't miss some.

Iris Who?

ok so now its saying I must chose location or hub. there is no options in the drop own box.

Sorry all new to this.

1 hour ago, dusterp said:

It works on Iris? You entered your local streaming info from Iris into ST?

Iris Who?

Yeah. Do I need to connect cameras to modem? I also been unable to get my cameras to work with spectra 

On 3/4/2019 at 2:43 PM, Twhalen24 said:

ok. got camera installed, when I go into app, it says camera unavailable.

I was having the same exact issue. (Camera unavailable) Followed the instructions to a T. I had to change the last device setting "Does Camera Use POST or GET" I changed it to POST. Now I have live streaming and sound in ST. See if that solves it for you.

I did not have to remove the camera from Iris hub before doing this. 

Thank you everyone for your help! 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:04 AM, BigHoss said:

Nice. Do you know if this will handle the OC821 cameras? I still have 4 of them that I could put to use in my system.

I would give it a try. In TinyCam I used the OC821 settings for my OC830 and it worked.

@dusterp

Thanks for all your info posted on this topic..

I got the device handler saved etc..   & created the new device..  but there was no option for me that shows Generic IP Camera..  (in that drop down list)  I think odd..   ??  I was able to find and pick Video Camera..   so I picked that one..    I can see my device..   it's active etc..    but I can't edit any of the settings in the SmartThings App..  I click the clog wheel..  and I can edit the name etc..  but no settings..  (??)   

Are you using the new SmartThings App or the Classic?  Looks like Classic, in your screen shots.. but I can't pick the settings option in either..   maybe because it's the wrong device type?

I'm not seeing this hamburger thing you mention either..   and my GUI looks slightly different that your screen shots..  (?) but seemingly same config options.

Thanks in Advance,

Joe

Ah, I found my device type..

I called my Iris Cams.. and apparently, it's at the bottom of the drop down list..  so, I can get to my configs now..   need to play with it..  I'm at the office and not sure about external and this port forwarding stuff..   so, will need to check this out at home now..

Also, side note...    are you a boater??  (we're on Lake Erie..  so had to ask..   trying to get this crap working again before boating season)

Okay, I have 1 camera working.. tho, I have several setup that are identical..

The working cam is one of the original Iris Indoor cams..   the Outdoor I setup, and the Indoor/Outdoor are not working.

So, I assume that I need just 1 device handler??  Or do I need 1 per camera?    (right now, I'm starting to wonder if I need 1 handler per??)

Also, they are working only when on my local WiFi..     so, you have to open a port on the router to access from the internet?   Is there a way to do it without opening up a security concern?

You need one for each camera they are specifically set to a single cam IP. Again which why you can only do local. If you want secure cam viewing remotely you need to get a VPN, otherwise port forwarding is your best bet.

Iris Who?