Iris CAMs working on ST
4 4

55 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, DogDazeII said:

Ah, I assumed all that was gonna go away the end of the month and I wasn't going to be able to get everything setup before then anyway..  I still have several I can try to get into with the Iris Login and see..   assume that I can set a static IP address that will maintain once Iris shuts down then?

If there is a benefit to doing this, I can easily repair them back again....   to what, shut them off to retain these settings so I can get back into them later then?  (like after Iris is gone?)

Yes, you can pair them to Iris and use the local login information provided by Iris and use them that way after Iris shuts down.  Just turn off the hub.  If you ever reset them you just use the api and instructions found on this forum to set them up.  

7 minutes ago, Otto Mation said:

Yes, you can pair them to Iris and use the local login information provided by Iris and use them that way after Iris shuts down.  Just turn off the hub.  If you ever reset them you just use the api and instructions found on this forum to set them up.  

Ah, so best just to leave them all connected till the night before Iris Shuts down...  and then turn off the hub..   or leave them paired up..  just power the cams down maybe egh??  That way they will retain the information they were last configured with..  which I have well documented already..     Thanks for the tips on it..   :)

Thank you..  

btw, I put the TinyCam app on my Android phone tonight.. it's (currently) the free version till I see how it works out..  after the shutdown..  but it's a cool little app..

I'm not quite sure yet how to make it work with a secure connection..  (if at all) but it seems to handle all my Cam's pretty well.. (still just WiFi for now)

I'll have to review the post to see if anyone has posted settings that work best w/these cams..  that being the tiny cam setting options

Setup an OpenVPN app connection to your router for a secure connection, that way you can leave the ips as internal only and don't need to open any ports on the router.  That is if your router can host an open VPN server (Asus makes it pretty easy)