Auto vs. Manual Redemption $$
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I've just gone through it and it cost me a couple hundred dollars, so might be important to note...

Lowe's/Iris will pay whatever amount for items already paired. That is, if you go through the process for automatic redemption, they'll pay whatever it totals up to. $100, $1000, $2000, whatever.

BUT if you have items not currently paired, and then go back later to re-pair devices, and call them to add those later, they will ONLY HONOR UP TO $300, and no more.

SO moral of the story is, pair ALL YOUR DEVICES before going through AUTOMATIC redemption.

I'd moved, and had a box full of stuff which wasn't re-paired yet. For the manual redemption, I lost about $200 to $300 just in that.

Note that the first time I called, I was NOT informed about this, and only learned about it 5 minutes ago.

PAIR then AUTMATICALLY redeem.

Sorry if this is a known fact - I heard it, was kinda miffed by it, and thought it wise to warn others.

9 minutes ago, Darth_Inconsiderate said:

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I've just gone through it and it cost me a couple hundred dollars, so might be important to note...

Lowe's/Iris will pay whatever amount for items already paired. That is, if you go through the process for automatic redemption, they'll pay whatever it totals up to. $100, $1000, $2000, whatever.

BUT if you have items not currently paired, and then go back later to re-pair devices, and call them to add those later, they will ONLY HONOR UP TO $300, and no more.

SO moral of the story is, pair ALL YOUR DEVICES before going through AUTOMATIC redemption.

I'd moved, and had a box full of stuff which wasn't re-paired yet. For the manual redemption, I lost about $200 to $300 just in that.

Note that the first time I called, I was NOT informed about this, and only learned about it 5 minutes ago.

PAIR then AUTMATICALLY redeem.

Sorry if this is a known fact - I heard it, was kinda miffed by it, and thought it wise to warn others.

They did a capture of everyone's system prior to the email, so didn't matter if you went back and added things or not, your were only getting credit for stuff paired at time of the system snapshot, 

5 minutes ago, Terminal said:

Doesn't matter they did a capture of everyone's system prior to the email, so didn't matter if you went back and added things or not, your were only getting credit for stuff paired at time of the system snapshot, 

That's correct. The snapshot was taken on January 30th. That's an automatic redemption anything else is manual and subject to a manager approval above 300.

39 minutes ago, Darth_Inconsiderate said:

Well, that blows heartily, but it is what it is. I may contact a few people I know who work there (and who probably don't care at this point) and see what that does. Thanks!

Best of luck

5 hours ago, Darth_Inconsiderate said:

Well, that blows heartily, but it is what it is. I may contact a few people I know who work there (and who probably don't care at this point) and see what that does. Thanks!

I would start with Marvin Ellison. I heard he's a real supporter of Iris.