My .02 and a new Newbie Questions
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I've previously decided to go with Ring for Cameras/Security,  but I just purchased a Smart Things V3 hub and ported a lot of my devices over

GE Switches, RGB Bulbs, Honeywell thermostat, and I bought some new ST smart plugs and smart buttons

App:   I didn't really understand until after I bought it, but at least to me it appears most people on here prefer the classic app due to the customization, unsupported devices, etc.  Personally, I actually really like the new app as it's really clean and looks like apple homekit

Alexa Integration:   Everything syncs, no issues

Unsupported Devices:    There's only a few IRIS items that I haven't attempted to pair,  may need some guidance on this.

Nyce Tilt Sensor -   Is this supported?   I had planned on leaving my IRIS V1 security devices active until 3/31 so I haven't tried to remove this.  Just curious if anyone has a separate ST solution for this  (either a tilt sensor or the IRIS garage door controller, what's does everyone use?)

Utilitech Water Sensor  (one with the cord) -  I have this in my sump pump pit and I don't think the leak sensor with the probes on the bottom would work  (I have the wire zip tied to the pump pipe).  Has anyone had any luck getting the Utilitech water sensor to work?

Orbit Hose Controller -  From my research it appears this won't work, at least not with a clean interface.   May have to investigate something like a homekit hose controller

Quick Question on Thermostat

IRIS schedule was really clean,  you had a M-S view of the days and you can click and see the schedule. 

Unless I'm completely doing it wrong,  the only way I could set a schedule was to set individual rules for every temperature change.

See screen shot.   It appears to be working just fine like this,  but is this how everyone else does it?

Lastly, maybe I'm crazy,  (I don't know if it's really doing it differently or if I'm hearing things) but I swear with IRIS when the furnace would kick off I'd hear the thermostat "click"  then it would all shut off a few seconds later.

With ST I hear the click,  then the fan appears to run for an additional 30-60 seconds after furnace shut off.   That's fine, I just wonder if it's Smart Things or the Thermostat that has decided to act differently now.

IMG_5623.thumb.png.f2c83e57eef2a4e66b8f4098ad42a417.pngIMG_5624.thumb.png.a9f672936c9c77ebb39427f99904a254.png

Your leak sensor will work fine just change the device to a Everspring Flood Sensor in the IDE:Device List. Looks for your paired leak sensor then edit type. 

For the CT101 which I assume you are using, rboy has a combo DTH/Smart App that works great. You will have to pa a subscription fee though. It’s a lot cheaper that buying a new thermostat.

25 minutes ago, LobsterBoxed said:

Your leak sensor will work fine just change the device to a Everspring Flood Sensor in the IDE:Device List. Looks for your paired leak sensor then edit type. 

For the CT101 which I assume you are using, rboy has a combo DTH/Smart App that works great. You will have to pa a subscription fee though. It’s a lot cheaper that buying a new thermostat.

Thanks for the tip, I see Everspring listed as a supported device so hopefully that or picking utilitech will work.   

Why is everyone just using the classic app, the new one looks so much nicer ? 

Thanks for the tip, I see Everspring listed as a supported device so hopefully that or picking utilitech will work.   

Functionality is a lot better. The new app seems way slow and you can’t do everything you can with the classic app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, jeff909 said:

Thanks for the tip, I see Everspring listed as a supported device so hopefuthelly that or picking utilitech will work.   

Its seems weird having to use two apps. But to be able to utilize the devices full potential you have to use both. ST says the features of the classic app will be incorporated into the new one soon.. I think they have been saying that for a long while though.