ST and Event History
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I choose to go with ST, and I'm kinda cool with it, for the most part.  It is TERRIBLE with event history, though.  On the new app, the History page available from the main menu is worthless.  On the "classic" app, each device page has a "Recently" tab that shows events, but it shows WAAAAAY too much (temperature readings, vibration readings, etc in a addition to open/closed/motion/etc).  But no single place to see the overall event history like Iris did.

Am I missing something?

You can filter what you see in notifications and activity in the new app.

I just removed noisy device from activity. Mostly vents reporting temp every second. 7bfc2655ceae6ade51f75f9b0c023401.jpg5a5c5278cc0d9b31cf86174783093f66.jpgf14ffe07026a5346bc0e807b64bf081d.jpg3f1c7c2a6e354a3905e958943975cddd.jpg

Iris Who?

On 2/24/2019 at 6:16 AM, dusterp said:

You can filter what you see in notifications and activity in the new app.

Ah, thanks.  I didn't realize you could tap on the "Device Messages" and "Device Activity" to call up the filter screen. 

That said, my Activity listing is mostly empty (even with all the filters turned on).  It only (sometimes) lists my phone's coming and going - no history at all from any devices.  Could this be a "new app" issue?  I'm on iOS if that matters. 

Ah, thanks.  I didn't realize you could tap on the "Device Messages" and "Device Activity" to call up the filter screen. 
That said, my Activity listing is mostly empty (even with all the filters turned on).  It only (sometimes) lists my phone's coming and going - no history at all from any devices.  Could this be a "new app" issue?  I'm on iOS if that matters. 
IDK

Iris Who?

Most users that I've talked to are on the classic app since the new app isn't compatible with many of the community created DTH and Smart Apps.  In the classic App there is a Notifications section under More that will also tell you when the mode changes.