Question with CT101 Thermostat
1 1

17 posts in this topic

So I migrated to ST, and I'm noticing in the app, when I try to update the temp.setpoint, the slider does it's roundabout loading when I make the change but after 60secs it doesn't update, and returns to the threshold previously. I also changed manually the temp at the tstat and no update at the app.

 

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I DO have a CT101.  Three of them actually.

worked just great with Iris, but ... there you go.  My Iris hub is now unplugged and sitting on my workbench.

My CT101 devices still show "link" under the tower icon, and will not start up the temporary wifi network so I can pair them with the RadioThermostat app on my iPhone.

I have done considerable troubleshooting and research on this, including factory resets, but so far nothing has helped.  (I do get the blinking yellow light and press mate/mate, I've also popped the batteries, but nada.)

Of course, I do maintain manual control of my heating/cooling, but that's not we're all here, right?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, synack said:

I DO have a CT101.  Three of them actually.

worked just great with Iris, but ... there you go.  My Iris hub is now unplugged and sitting on my workbench.

My CT101 devices still show "link" under the tower icon, and will not start up the temporary wifi network so I can pair them with the RadioThermostat app on my iPhone.

I have done considerable troubleshooting and research on this, including factory resets, but so far nothing has helped.  (I do get the blinking yellow light and press mate/mate, I've also popped the batteries, but nada.)

Of course, I do maintain manual control of my heating/cooling, but that's not we're all here, right?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

The CT-101 is a Z-wave thermostat, so you need a Z-wave hub.  I use to have one at my old house and I didn't remember an option for connecting to any native app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RadioThermostat has their own app I downloaded for communicating with the thermostats, but I can't even try doing anything with it I believe because the thermostats still "think" their paired "somewhere". 

That's based on  something I read about the appearance of the word "link" on the thermostat panel.

So that's my first goal ... how to fully reset the device so I can then try pairing it elsewhere.

The app instructions say nothing about needing a z-wave hub, so I don't know what to say to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, synack said:

RadioThermostat has their own app I downloaded for communicating with the thermostats, but I can't even try doing anything with it I believe because the thermostats still "think" their paired "somewhere". 

That's based on  something I read about the appearance of the word "link" on the thermostat panel.

So that's my first goal ... how to fully reset the device so I can then try pairing it elsewhere.

The app instructions say nothing about needing a z-wave hub, so I don't know what to say to that point.

There is no WIFI connection to a CT-101 thermostat, AFIK.  It is Z-wave only

 

ct101.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it.

Still looking to find out how to make the thermostat stop indicating that it's paired somehow/somewhere.

I'll contact RadioThermostat directly.  Their own "wireless setup guide" states,

"When your thermostat is properly powered, it creates a temporary wireless network.

Connect your computer to this network by finding it on your computer's list of available wireless connections."

This is what I've so far been unsuccessful in doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, synack said:

Got it.

Still looking to find out how to make the thermostat stop indicating that it's paired somehow/somewhere.

I'll contact RadioThermostat directly.  Their own "wireless setup guide" states,

"When your thermostat is properly powered, it creates a temporary wireless network.

Connect your computer to this network by finding it on your computer's list of available wireless connections."

This is what I've so far been unsuccessful in doing.

Have you tried this?

https://radiothermostat.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2738447-ct101-ct100-thermostat-reset

ETA:  Also found this on Smartthings Forum

https://community.smartthings.com/t/resetting-previously-paired-ct100-thermostat/31497

Edited by rdisom
Edited to add link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks.  No joy.

I tried repeatedly, carefully, patiently, ruthlessly (I wonder where Ruth is?)

I think the winds are just blowing in the wrong direction for me.

I've emailed RadioThermostat with details of my plight and plea for guidance.

I'll post back here if something good comes of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, thegillion said:

no I didnt even know they had an app. I am talking about ST

That is what he is trying to do but I am pretty sure it's not possible with a CT101 as it is a Z-wave thermostat that needs a Z-wave hub, like ST for instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was able to pair mine on ST and Hubitat with a lot of effort mind you. Thought I would try everything on Hubitat first, but it's a bit more

crude than expected and I'm going to miss remote access. Still waiting to see what people have to say about SystronicsRF. For the most part

I could easily get by without a fair part of my old Iris stuff since I've moved security to SimpliSafe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1